My jeep wrangler

yeah those 4 cylinders SUCK. my brothers first jeep had one, absolutely no power and only got 15 mpg with i think 31's on it. he got rid of it, got the itch again, and bought another one with the 4.2l in it. it's not that much greater. turnin 33's, he hasn't put it in 5th gear since he bought it, can use 4th on the roads on flat, but has to hit 3rd for any slight incline :-( but it's got a really long stroke, max torque is at 1800 rpm's... and the heads suck on them, the ports make a 90 degree turn. whoever came up with that design was a moron, but a 4.0 head bolts up, has better port design and smaller combustion chamber (upping compression to something like 10.5:1), supposedly a 40 hp increase overall, so we're thinkin of goin that route cause 4.56 gears are like $400.....

also, you can throw a 4.2l crank in a 4.0 block and it turns out to be a 4.6l torque monster. the 4.2l has a smaller bore but bigger stroke than the 4.0, so when you combine the big stroke of the 4.2 with the big bore of the 4.0 it makes 4.6 total displacement. supposed to be an insane motor.

a 4.0 head bolts up, has better port design and smaller combustion chamber (upping compression to something like 10.5:1) also, you can throw a 4.2l crank in a 4.0 block and it turns out to be a 4.6l torque monster. the 4.2l has a smaller bore but bigger stroke than the 4.0, so when you combine the big stroke of the 4.2 with the big bore of the 4.0 it makes 4.6 total displacement. supposed to be an insane motor.

A 4.0 head on a 258 yield no increases in compression ratio, they have the same CC combustion chamber as the 258's (they do flow BETTER!), you get the 10:1 when you make it a 4.6 stoker.

A Chivy 383 is a 400 crank (3.75" stroke vs 3.48") in a 350 block.

heres the mudd bug our auto body classs was working on for a couple years now,
DSCF0054-9.jpg

I will Take my Toyota Turbo Diesel 4Runner over a Jeep anyday. These pictures were of m,y las outing I hit a hidden stump and spun two tires off the rims I went from 33's to a 15 inch tire as a spare lol.

Hello fellow jeeper *jeep waves*
We're not far form each other. Any decent trails up your way?
Link to MAP

Here's my rig for now...
0315091807-1.jpg

2" 4wdHardware coil lift
33x12.5 Pro Comp MTs
Warn RC bumpers front and rear with custom swing away tire carrier
winch, skid plates, high lift, etc...
Eventually I want to go bigger, but I'm content for now. I actually downsized to 30x9.5 BFG AT KOs for the street so I could stop chewing up my MTs on pavement.

I'm going to get a utility trailer to haul my Blaster. We should get some of use form the area to wheel; Jeeps or quads. lol

Oh, and cuz I know everyone here are pic whores, here's some action shots:
0712081436.jpg

IMG_2444.jpg

Geo013.jpg

0610071247.jpg

CJs with suspension upgrades are amazing machines...
Here's one of a guy's I wheel with, with custom suspension mods:

100_1260.jpg

And flexing it out on the RTI ramp.
100_1259.jpg