My dad on his gixxer

nice man,, not to judge, but mabey try clutching it and bringing it up at a lower rpm, almost gets to the balance point but he's all throttled out ,,,,, lower rpm, get balance point and feather it,,,, and way nice man, like i say im not saying anything bad just mabey a pointer if you want it.

nice man,, not to judge, but mabey try clutching it and bringing it up at a lower rpm, almost gets to the balance point but he's all throttled out ,,,,, lower rpm, get balance point and feather it,,,, and way nice man, like i say im not saying anything bad just mabey a pointer if you want it.

he usually dose alot better but this was at 730 at night after he haddnt ridden for a while

adn the vid of me racing him would consist of me getting flown by at 160 I:I

=))=)) everywhere i post this i get that,
he has a jacket

and gear is expensive!

Yeah, gear can be expensive. You just gotta remember to dress for the crash, not for the ride. It's easier to wipe sweat off than road rash, and it don't matter what you fell off of, a liter bike or a small scooter, the asphalt don't care. I've probably got about a grand invested in my street gear, and that's not including my $1500 track suit. Gotta pay to play. Once you get used to a good set of pants, riding boots, and good gloves, you won't want to ride any other way, it just doesn't "feel right" without it.

Encourage your dad to wear some gear, unless you wanna be calling him "meatloaf" some day. Get some good leather, it's not that expensive if you shop around. Have a look at this...

Sept 88 "Cycle" magazine article "Abrasion Testing: Torn in the USA".

Drag Test

"For the Drag Test, samples were stitched to a bag that held a 75-pound
sandbag inside a milk crate, then dragged behind a pickup truck..."

New, 100% Cotton Denim Jeans: 3' 10"
Senior Balistic Nylon: 3' 10"
Leather, Lightweight, Nude Finish, 2.25 oz/sq. ft. 4' 3"
Leather, Fashion Weight, 1.75 oz/sq ft. 4' 4"
Two-year-old 100% Cotton Denim Jeans 4' 5"
Cordura Nylon Type 440 18' 3"
Kevlar 29 Aramid Fiber, Style 713 22' 1"
Leather, Competition Weight, 3 oz//sq. ft. 86' 0"

yea but hes a good rider theres nothing but twistys and sh*t up where he lives I:II:I and hes got a family to think about hes not goingto get crazy..except for a few 160 runs here and there :pP

I really don't want to sound all gloom and doom here, but careful there buddy, that kind of attitude is what gets you hurt. Either you've gone down or you will, it's just a matter of time. Noobs and seasoned riders will both get hit by that old lady who turned left in front of them.

Nothing personal, I just don't like hearing the attitude of "ah well I'll just be careful and it'll be fine". Wear gear and you'll be able to walk away. It's already saved my hide. I walked away from a 60mph get-off with nothing but a sore shoulder two years ago because of my gear. Encourage your dad to wear more gear so he'll still be around, and if he really likes those twisties buy him a trackday for his birthday. I:I

have him check out gixxernation.com

im an admin on that site and we have a pretty large community for tech help and such. plus we have a classifeds section that he may find himself some gear hehe

i've crashed my gsxr 1000 and im glad i had full gear on when i did. if i didnt have my sh*t on, i wouldnt be here right now to talk about it. i was even on the street leading to my house when it happened a few hundred yards from the driveway. one of my kids was out riding her bike when it happened and saw me get hit. im glad i could walk away from it in front of her.

i would never doubt another riders ability to control the bike. but i was going 20 mph and it happened to me. you never know when that teenage driver is too involved with their cell phone conversation to notice the stop sign or the motorcycle thats in the intersection. i will never get on the street without full head to toe protection again.

yep my bros has the full thing but they dont have the pants they have the helmet and the jacket but yea a lady pulled out in front my bro but he didnt get hit hit did somthin so he wouldnt get hit but no money is worth loosing a life so spend a couple hundred bucks and get some gear might go up to 1000 but an average funeral cost is 6-10k (not to make you think of that) just tellin ya