my buggy build using all blaster parts

thatcarguy09

Jul 18, 2011
Franklin, IN
www.facebook.com
As the title says me and a buddy have put about 20 hours of work into this buggy build in 3 days. The buggy we started with is a Manco intruder 2 that I think was bought in 2006, Still in great shape. The quad I decided to chop up for the build was my 2001 Yamaha blaster.

Here is a bunch of pics I took with my Iphone during the build. Any questions just ask. Enjoy

Go kart still stock.

870d5d03.jpg

32776e49.jpg

eba6e580.jpg

Blaster before build.

blasterwithbronzewheels.jpg

slidingblaster.jpg

getting ready to remove the 7hp engine.

aea834e8.jpg

ebd552c6.jpg

66ce85e8.jpg

1ce97f54.jpg

my motivation to chop up a perfectly running quad.

17a86e1d.jpg

Reactions: Paulie B
prepping to tear it apart.

c0781500.jpg

1c00be4a.jpg

70558970.jpg

4be50516.jpg

c36cb764.jpg

here is markes on the frame. top line it where its getting cut. the other to show where its going to make contact with the plate on the rear swingarm on the buggy.

6d3dcbd8.jpg

8e99b4e0.jpg

getting wiring out of the way.

88be9118.jpg

6889013d.jpg

064893cd.jpg

Reactions: YZ Otis
I'll definitely give it an A++++ for ingenuity and cleverness, but you need a punch in the junk for doing that to a blaster....

If you had the fab skills to do what you did, why not remove the blaster engine from the blaster, fab motor mounts and use the original go-kart running gear (axle, chain drive, brake, and suspension) so you could remove the blaster parts and put them back without permanently ruining both the blaster AND the go-kart?

thx man! I had thought about making it so i could still use the quad as well, but it was easier to just chop it up. its a blast anyway. plus I can haul a passenger, and it doesnt have any problems climbing hills and going through some nasty mud. Next time out im gonna get video.

Def. post up some video!! You did real good with that, and no project is complete w/ out some beer involved, lol, good idea sticking w/ Blaster parts, the stock cart gear would not have held up to that power and torque, imo.........Looks long though, will it spin a mean donut??!!

You could have kept the go-kart front end, would have held up fine. I agree w/ Civic too, would have been a LOT easier to just fab up mounts for the engine, would have taken longer, but have worked better. A++++ on ingenuity tho!

haha this is frickin awesome I toast a BL to you I:I
You might need some serious frame bracing with it being that long.
Maybe weld some cocky frame rails under it.

You got a sit down 2 seater Blaster how cool is that :D

Thx everyone! Surprisingly it all went together like a glove, I was really surprised. The way the go kart was originally made the frame actually holds up like a champ. I've caught a couple feet of air in it multiple times and it does awesome. I even rolled it on sunday.

My mods to come are ported cylinder, custom snorkel intake, 25 inch tires, and aftermarket suspension, bucket seats.

yeah that thing is nasty bro!! put a 240 bbk on there ported with a +3 and then u will really have a blast on it!! i bet it is a hoot to drive, just watch the welds for cracks after ur rides from bumping and vibrations. BZ to u bud.

I have thought about putting a 240 kit on it, but its runs great right now so when its ready for a rebuild that will probably be the route I go.plus money is kinda tight right now. Im planning to port it myself. And as for the kick start its actually not to bad. I'll get a pic of it tomorrow and show ya.

Reactions: yamaha28