My blaster wont run right ! PLEASE HELP!!

mattsteibler26

Dec 8, 2011
I have a 1998 yamaha blaster and i just got it bored .20, I put new reeds and new carb on it. I started it and it Runs but it wont idle and when i try to ride it it cuts in and out. Everything is new!! What can be wrong?? It still has TORS, Can that have something to do with it? Someone please help!!! :(

Try something like this look inside of it and if the plastic sensor is in one piece just disconnect it, you will have to disconnect the one on the throttle as well and either jump the wires or cut, splice and tape up.

hope this helps

eliminate the tors, just unplug all of it, at the brain under the hood, the carb and throttle
try a new plug
and this is a brand new stock blaster carb ??? where do you even find a brand new one ??? and why ???
what jets are in it ???
sure it's completely clean inside ???
where's the air screw set at ??? should be 1.5 turns out
and the float should be at 20-21.5 mm

Fix the throttle !! Go from one end to other make sure there are no kinks in cable. Pull tors and slide from carb. See that there is absolutely no dirt, sand , crud, gum on slide or slide bore. Clean and lube inside of tors box. IF throttle cable is in good shape see if it is sticking. clean/lube cable.

Is the slide free in the carby, if you release the throttle smartly can you hear the slide clacking when you let it off?

I re-used top end gaskets for the rebuild so i think it minght be sucking air. I am ordering new gaskets tommorow