my blaster wnt start. help! i love my blaster

whited94

Feb 16, 2011
ok, i bought a 1994 yamaha blaster 240 and it ran fine 4 awhile. i was riding the other day and it kept bogging down really hard when it was in neutral, so i eventually let it die. and then it was leakin oil badly, dnt know from anywhere at though. now you cant even push the kickstart lever down.. im not a mechanic but know some stuff.. can anyone tell my what mite be wrong?

Dude, multiple threads just confuse people, check your other thread. And sometimes it takes a while for people to respond. Most are working without access to computers right now.

i thought i posted in wrong topic. ive got to be at work at 10. i love my blaster. its quick as hell. supposed to have $750.00 in the top end. supposed to be all wiseco. idk though. thats what the guy that i bought it from said. if it aint already and i gotta rebuild the motor its gonna be all wiseco when im done

750 in the top end? thats alot. i rebuilt my top and bottom end for around 500 bucks, all wiseco...although thats just parts, maybe with labor????

pull the plug and see if it kicks over if it does your engine is hydro locked from and overflowing carb.

if it still wont kick over then chances are you have some serious damage. Ive seen a lot of blasters with bad counter balancer bearing tear up cases and cause the oil and air to leak into the crank case.

pull the plug and let us know

i pulled the plug and tried to kick it over cuz i thought it mite have to much compression, but it still wudnt.

idk wat to do.. ive thought bout just replacing the engine on it all 2gether. im wantin to put a banshee engine on it if i do. i aint sure yet though. it was one hell of a motor. the guy i bought it from said it was clocked at 86 mph.

idk wat to do.. ive thought bout just replacing the engine on it all 2gether. im wantin to put a banshee engine on it if i do. i aint sure yet though. it was one hell of a motor. the guy i bought it from said it was clocked at 86 mph.

86mph......... lol

hahaha was it being pushed by an s7????

wat brand would you recomend 4 the piston then? i dont got alot of money, but i want quality so im willing to pay a descent amount for it. i need something durable, cuz i live by the motto, ride it like you stole it!

lol right, are wisco the only piston you can get for blasters?, all the wisco i have used just shatter so i would never use them.

find a different engine builder... one that knows what they are doing.
so mant shops machine with too big of clearances... why not it makes your engine last half as long and its more money for them.
find a better shop

Pull the plug and post what it looks like. Next weather oil injection or pre-mix did it have oil? Is there any oil in the transmission? Did you overheat it being covered in mud? At this point you need to start tearing it down to find the problem. First clean it the best you can. Might want to do a leak-down test before you do anything else. IF you had an air leak cause the problem you want to fix that as well. Pull the exhaust and look in ex port at piston. What do you see? Pull stator cover check for loose flywheel. A OK? Pull clutch cover. Lot of things in there that can go bad. Any silvery color or chunks in the oil? Wiggle both ends of the crank to check for bad brgs. If at this point you find nothing wrong pull the head and cyl. Post back anything unusual you find.:eek: Now go buy a manual. JMHO, your results may vary.

ive pulled the plug already and it had purple crap on the end of it. i scraped it off with my knife. but havnt had time to do anything else to it yet. ive been premixing since i got it, and it had an oil seal leak on the transmission at the sprocket. but ive always kept oil in it. and nope it didnt have mud on the engine, just washed it awhile bak and aint been mudding since. i wnt run it with mud on it. like i said though, i was riding and was doin doughnuts in my drive in 1st holding it wfo, which i always do and never hurts it. then i stopped put it in neautral and it kept bogging down hard and it had gas in it still so i reved it up real high a few times and it still tried to die so i let it. then i flipped it over onto its side and put it bak on its wheels then there was a BIG puddle of oil on the ground. now the kickstart lever wont go down, so i cnt even try to start it.

and it does have an exhaust least rite at the cylinder. the sides are blown out and it does have residue of oil on it there. and wat do u mean an air leak??

Oil puddle may have been from trans vent, when you laid it over oil came out it. An air leak can be in several places. If it developed an air leak you would have been running lean. Places it can leak: carb boot, reed gasket, base gasket, head gasket, crank seals, crank case. Another possibility is dirt obstructing fuel petcock or main jet causing a lean condition. At this point pull the exhaust and take a peek at the piston. Easiest place to start diagnosis. Don't know about stuff on plug, did it look like little BBs?

pre mix oil ?maybe leaked out and cause your rings to seize? also if you gotta 240 kit i dont think wiseco makes pistons for em anymore