My blaster died while i was riding.

assumedruz

Jul 27, 2011
I pulled it out the other day and it started on the second kick as it always does. I let it warm up for a feif i w minutes and about 3 minutes into the ride and it dies. Pushed it to the house and now the only way i can get it to run is if i take off the air filter and the rubber tube that connects the filter to the carb. All help will be greatly appreciated.

When last did you clean your card and how long did your blaster stand

List your jet size and needle clip

How long has it been sitting?

Cleaning your carb after letting it sit is more important than it used to be with the introduction of ethanol blended gasoline.

It turns into a nasty gel that likes to clog up everything.
Thats why it is important to drain the carb before storing for long periods.

Also your air filter may be too dirty if you have to pull it off to get it to start.

It hasn't sat. It's riden almost daily. I dont know the carb jet size but the carb was the first area I checked. I even swaped out the carb with another I have off a parts bike. I have not had a leakdown test. It's my first blaster and I bought it only knowing it didn't run due to it needing a new piston. I went ahead and had the topend rebuilt and found out the piston size is 67.5 I cleaned the carb an it ran fine. Two months after that I came across a parts bike and swaped the exhaust systems. So from the stock exhaust to a LRD header and a FMF muffler. I've been riding it without any problems for about four months until now and there was no rejetting done after the exhaust swap so could that be part of the issue

Sounds like you have a rich condition, either caused by a leaky needle and seat or a sticky float.

Is the any signs of gas leaking out of the carb or overflow tube.

Edit"" Test for compression as not rejetting for the LRD could have caused detonation and fried the piston.

Pull the pipe and look up the exhaust port for ring or piston damage.