my 250x, just picked it up

blasterman87

Nov 17, 2008
2po9mht.jpg

df7hub.jpg

16c9gtc.jpg

2jbtl7c.jpg

mrs4jl.jpg

i think the axle is a little wider than stock, it has a durablue sticker on it but idk, also is there a way to tighten up the rear axle? it has play in it but im told the bearings are new?

oh notice how dusty the plastic is..lol its been sitting for like 8 months under a carport

yeah i know i needs a few things nothing major, and i have no clue what kind of pipe that is

Check the bolts on the carrier. Mine always seemed to wiggle loose and eventually ruined the carrier bearings. This was the problem on my old 250x. I think they were the two bolts towards the back of the carrier. Dont hold me to this information as ive owned so many quads they all blend together but I think that is the setup on a 250x or at least mine.

yeah thers 2 allen head bolts you loosten to tighten the chain is that what your talking about?

mm im guessing lack there of brake hub is why the axle is loose?? but hey thats just what i think lol..

gemme your plastics!!!! pipe is re re looking... from the back it looks like acatalitic converter lol

Hmmm 100% bearings are new? try getting the brake hub and bolting it on and stuff then see if its still loose

The black plastics look good man. The those 2 bolts on the back carrier are the ones that tighten the axle down. Is there a nut on the bottome side? Mine has 2 nuts on the bottom side one to lock it and one to tighten it up.

As for the brake thing My back brake is f*cked up too. I think the heat off the exhaust keeps warping my ressie so Im gonna remount the rezzie on the inside of the frame. And I need to rebuild my master cylinder. Its cheesed.

Did you find out what year it is?