mx shock ideas

Blitz12

Jun 9, 2013
Loxahatchee,Fl
Hey im just looking at getting into doing some mx riding down at a local track and i understand that stock suspension probably wont hold up to well to all the jumps and was wondering what shock set up you would recommend.

Hmmmmm ... lol I'm only laughing because right before your post another member said the sake thing I'm going to say. This subject is beat to heck but what most will ask as well as myself is ,what is your budget??? Read through the forum you will get many many options.. For a cheaper rear a 400 is a good up grade. As far as front I'll leave that to whoever has upgraded as I'm still looking for a steal.. but i know what direction I'm heading in..

Ohh and welcome to the forum. Many good things and even better people on here...

Last edited by a moderator:
Elkas are way better than works.
Forget the sled shocks, they arnt made for a quad.

Get those elkas if you got the money....

Most people run works because of prices, but those elkas are cheap, im suprised someone else hasnt bought them yet...

I have never seen a blaster with fox shocks...but there are great on the raptor 700 why not on the blaster to. Do they even come for blaster???

Thanks everybody ouve been a big help but one more question what is the exact name of the Kor bushings that I would need to but for the 400ex rear shock ?

Just picked up a used 400ex rear shock for $34.00 shipped (shipping was freakin $20) now for the front end lol thanks for all your help and opinions

Just picked up a used 400ex rear shock for $34.00 shipped (shipping was freakin $20) now for the front end lol thanks for all your help and opinions

Lol if it was the one with the shock cover you just beat me lol. I'm glad you won though, i was trying to get it for 5$ or less. Only for an extra rear shock. Now just get them bushings and notice the difference.