Motor Problems...

pluck

Jan 16, 2016
So yesterday I went for a ride and as I was riding I was going pretty fast when all of a sudden the motor started to bog down and completely shut off. I then tried to kick it and it seemed like it was locked up, so I automatically knew something was wrong. I then pushed it down a hill near by to try and start it, and it did, but now it has barely any power. I am currently new to blasters and 2 strokes in general. Can someone help me out? Thanks!

Sounds like it went lean and seized.
Does it have a wiseco piston in it?
Oil injected or pre-mix?
Were you inside the engine/ rebuilding/ modifying?
What mods does the engine have.

Sounds like it went lean and seized.
Does it have a wiseco piston in it?
Oil injected or pre-mix?
Were you inside the engine/ rebuilding/ modifying?
What mods does the engine have.

I have not did anything. At the moment this blaster is 100% stock.

Is there oil in the tank under the back left fender?

Yeah there was still plenty of oil left. However this is what the piston looked like..

Attachments

• 20160310_163730.jpg
    20160310_163730.jpg
    939.7 KB · Views: 205
Have you yanked the cylinder off yet?
The photo of the piston shows what looks like some damage over by the "X".
Something may have migrated between the cylinder and cylinder wall, like a piece of piston,rod bearing,etc.

I would at least pull the cylinder and inspect.

Have you yanked the cylinder off yet?
The photo of the piston shows what looks like some damage over by the "X".
Something may have migrated between the cylinder and cylinder wall, like a piece of piston,rod bearing,etc.

I would at least pull the cylinder and inspect.
When I get home I'll take the piston out and post a picture and let you all take a look.

I pulled the piston out and it was broke so now I have to take apart the motor and fish the pieces out then order parts. Prey for me. Lol

Attachments

• 20160312_175242.jpg
    20160312_175242.jpg
    634.3 KB · Views: 177
  • 20160312_175229.jpg
    20160312_175229.jpg
    673.1 KB · Views: 204
Yeah...I think we all tried that at least once in our life time (fishing out broken piston then re-build).
I know I did...........A LONG time ago. It didn't work then either.

Yeah...I think we all tried that at least once in our life time (fishing out broken piston then re-build).
I know I did...........A LONG time ago. It didn't work then either.

Either way I was going to inspect everything to make sure it was ok. However having trouble deciding where to buy parts from in the future.