modded footpegs

Oct 8, 2011
nova scotia
another attempt to make the blaster a more comfortable ride for older/taller people. The factory footpegs rise over an inch from the bolts and mounting point. The problem with that i see is when you stand on the pegs your already hunched over bad enough, you wanna open up the space between the bars and pegs.
I Do recommend modding the steering stem up to +3"

2012-10-09171412_zps998f7975.jpg

2012-10-09171333_zpsb2740853.jpg

heres a set Best made up we havnt tryed or even finished them yet. They lower the foot level almost 2" making them level with the frame. I run nerf bars and a +3 swingarm so i dont think im putting my feet in harms way. The steel will weld very strong so im not to worried about them braking.

what do you guys think??

Last edited:
the shifter could be swapped for a better fit one from different bike, aswell it could be adjusted. The rear brake will be the trick aswell mounting them with nerfs. im gonna check that out and see if we can weld something up with it.

yea with the steering stem extended 3in it sits right where i want it, sitting down. I do alot of riding standing up and i am 6'1. My bike feels awsome now but i always thought these may give a better feeling having your weight lowered a smudge. We have had these sitting around after Best had the idea to make them.

Lowered and doubled would be awesome! never thought of lowering mine!

Rappy 250 pegs fit right over the stockers!
435916dd.jpg

Hey, who put my footpeg project outdoors?
And what fat boy broke the tack weld?

I gotta get back to these. Looking like they'll need a sandblast and paint, or what-ta-hell, just a good mud blasting.

These were a mock up to try the idea, and they feel really good.
Shifter and brake are easily adjusted lower.
I will need to make a brake linkage so will probably just drop it 2" too.

So many ideas, so little spare time...

Last edited: