Mikuni tmx slider carb help

Yamaha1

May 14, 2014
Flint
I have a Mikuni tmx slider carb and I need to lower the clip on my needle. Problem is I cant seem to figure out how to remove the needle from the slider. In the slider There's a hexagon piece with a slot which the cable sits in then the needle is below that. I cant figure out how to remove the cable or the needle. I will try to post some pics soon

Thanks

I have a Mikuni tmx slider carb and I need to lower the clip on my needle. Problem is I cant seem to figure out how to remove the needle from the slider. In the slider There's a hexagon piece with a slot which the cable sits in then the needle is below that. I cant figure out how to remove the cable or the needle. I will try to post some pics soon

Thanks

sounds like my 34mm keihin, you put a screwdriver in that cable slot, push down and turn to release it ?
not sure it the miks are like that or not, but worth a careful and gentle try (do not force or break anything)

Reactions: Yamaha1
sounds like my 34mm keihin, you put a screwdriver in that cable slot, push down and turn to release it ?
not sure it the miks are like that or not, but worth a careful and gentle try (do not force or break anything)
I tried pushing down and turning and no luck. Heres a pic
20141115_154147.jpg