Mikuni Carb

blaster02

Apr 18, 2008
Arkansas
I recently bought a 02 blaster from a friend, and when I took the carb apart to see what size jets it had, the main is a 350. I have learned from this website that a 350 is large, so I was wondering if I needed to change it. it has FMF exhaust and VForce Reeds, along with other small mods. The kid I bought it from said at one time it was a mean racing fourwheeler, so I was thinking maybe thats why it has such a large jet. Any ideas?

if the airbox lid is removed too i would say that is about right. especially if it is ported and polished since it was a race quad it probably was. i am running a 340 with my mods.

plug looks fine. I have the motor off right now, having the rod and piston replaced, bearings are starting to go bad, so I am getting them replaced and the cylinder bored out to the next size.

I recently bought a 02 blaster from a friend, and when I took the carb apart to see what size jets it had, the main is a 350. I have learned from this website that a 350 is large, so I was wondering if I needed to change it. it has FMF exhaust and VForce Reeds, along with other small mods. The kid I bought it from said at one time it was a mean racing fourwheeler, so I was thinking maybe thats why it has such a large jet. Any ideas?

if your jet is an FMF brand... the numbers don't equal the actual sizes.

my fmf kit came with a xp350 and xp360... these are not actual mikuni sizes... i don't know the cross-reference, but the "360" written on mine is an FMF product number.. hope this helps.