Me an rr guys day/blaster painting

01blaster_freak

May 11, 2007
This is how are day went..

We started off with this bare rusty frame

framebeforeipaintedit.jpg

we both sanded it down an i primered the frame, swinger, an a arms

primeredrrguysparts.jpg

After the primer dryed i painted the frame this is the 1st coat, i put 3 coats on it then rr guy clear coated it (this is first coat picture)

frameipainted.jpg

After we got that done me an rrguy97 broke out his KTM for some quick riding

this is rrguy coming around the turn

rrguyonhisktm.jpg

this is rrguy landing the jump

rrguy.jpg

this is me on his ktm jumping

jumpingtheKTM.jpg

meonrrguysKTM.jpg

meonrrguysKTM2.jpg

Lol i love his KTM man that thing is sick its quick as hell!!! i felt the front end come up in 1,2,3 gear didn't have room to hit 4th. Im starting my job next week i been looking at gettin one.

Yea i got gas in my car this time i know i had to have my grandma bring me that day hahaha car ran out of gas in my own yard but yes now she has some gas.

Thanks for posting them for me blaster freak, maybee soon we will have some blaster riding pics to show.

No problem man....yea i come down there again an get everything switched over from the one blaster to this one an we will deff have to get some pics.

I am looking forward to it. Both getting the Blaster rebuild done and getting to ride the Blaster again. I want to complete this one so I can start on the dt200 engine. I love to ride anything with a 2 stroke engine.

I am going to reuse the blue factory plastic which is in great shape. BTW the front A-arms and rear swingarm are now black. The whole reason for this project is this is a replacement frame for one that is slighly tweaked. Do you know about the yamaha dt 200 engine into a Blaster swap? 32-34 hp liquid cooling no cuting or welding the frame to make it work? only fab is the radiator, thinking yamaha banshee radiator, thats whats on the agenda for my next project this winter after I finish this blaster.

Last edited:
Its a 05 85sx w/105 piston kit, Yeah I am 2 big for it but I can wind this one out a lot harder than a 125 or 250 around my house, I am slowly losing my riding spots around my house to new subdivisions that have homeowners associations, this is the least I can do to keep those rich snobs pissed @ me. I had a Honda cr250 but when your vertically challenged like me @ 5'5" a 250,s not fun around anywhere but a full blown track. BTW that is 01blaster-freak in the jersey an me in the orage ktm hoody.

I dont see how you could wind that thing out in the place i was riding it i only made it to 3rd gear Lol i was like damn cuz i had to let off the gas. You need to bring that bike an the blaster up here to go riding oneday because i have tons of fun trails we could take turns riding each one through the trails.

Progress pics

Here are some pics of the frame swap out to replace the bent one. Thanks 01blaster_freak for the help. He is a very good guy and extremely knowledgeable he did most of the work and we had had everything swapped in about 3 hours. Thanks 01blaster_f
100_0573.jpg
reak.
100_0576.jpg
70/rr97guy/100_0575.jpg[/IMG]
100_0581.jpg
100_0584.jpg

Last attempt to load up pix

100_0596.jpg

100_0595.jpg

100_0604.jpg

100_0656.jpg

100_0657.jpg

100_0661.jpg

100_0664.jpg

This websight is a great site but it is just too difficult to post pictures on here I like this sight but I have had so much trouble posting up these pics. I have had no trouble posting on other sights but I am on the verge of taking a hammer to my computer. Not everyone on here is a computer geek. Thanks cbaber and jabes but your suggestions did not even work. I do not want to hear my pictures are to large. I bought a high resolution 8 megapixel camera so people could see my stuff. I like the sight but unless a better easier way is found to load pics, I will not post anymore pictures here. There are a lot of good people here and a lot of good help but its not worth the trouble to post pics or videos here....sorry.

Last edited: