MBrent's "please run!" rebuild

MBrent

Jan 15, 2010
Susan Moore, AL
startin from basically a bunch of parts. if i had to guess, some bolts and fasteners are missing. i have pics, but idk how to get them from my pc onto the forum. i'll be sitting here trying to figure it out! got them on photobucket, but cant get em on here, cuz im stupid...

mbrent_c6818

mbrent_c6818

mbrent_c6818

mbrent_c6818

mbrent_c6818

Last edited:
dude thats a lot more together than mine was....looks like you've got an +03 so that'll be an advantage since the brakes won't suck so hard

yeah, its an 06. im looking forward to the first ride. i fear it may be a month or two away tho. got the cyl/head in my house on the kitchen table. gonna seperate the cyl from the head and take it to my yamaha tech buddy. maybe he can tell me if it needs bored/honed, or if im good to go back stock rings. top end is first on my list, unless somebody tells me attention is better needed elsewhere...

so before i take the ol' dremel to my head, should i just not do it? im pretty conservative. i was only planning on doing a port to gasket match, and cleaning up any factory casting blemishes. i ported and polished the LS head on my civic, and it turned out exceptionally well. any suggestions or advice? if its safe, will i have to re jet or anything of that sort? i have ZERO experience with carbs... other than the ones in coors lite, that is...

before anybody thinks im dragging my feet on the rebuild, i work mon-thurs, 330pm-2am. i drive an hour each way. so not much time for anything but sleeping during the week. i plan to devote my 3 day wknds to it until its finished. thx for any support u guys have to offer, and i apologize if this is the most mundane build you've ever seen. theres some awesome swaps goin on in the swap section!

There's not much on the head you can dremel, but maybe the ports on the cylinder, though there's a lot of science and a bit of black magic to getting it right. It's more than just a matter of opening them up for more flow. There's crank rotation degrees, pulse waves, etc etc, I don't even know what that stuff means really!
That's an '06? Wow, same as mine. I'm always amazed how such a relatively new machine can be so completely beat to hell in such a short timeframe. Some people must be really abusive!
I've never owned the older Blasters with the cable brakes, but I know the brakes on my '06 are really strong. It's made me pass up a few good deals on older machines. I just don't want to deal with the hassle of converting.

G/L with the rebuild B)

thx for the advice. i suppose i'll leave it to the pros on port and polish. i'll have to try the guys on here. i'll be guaranteed some gains, and i'll help out a member in the process!
gonna order the wiseco rebuild when i get home tonite. is ebay the cheapest?