Marketplace.

toomuchhorror

Jun 15, 2010
JERSEY.
I am a new member and I think the market place rules are a little harsh.
Since I am brand new here I don't think I'm ready to just yet donate any cash to the site. Possibly a couple bucks down the road, but not just yet.

I'm not the type of person that offers my unwanted opinion every three seconds so I don't think I'll ever reach 300 post here. 30 post will even be tough for me. I participate on many other forums from e46 M3's, to Audi's, to BansheeHQ, so I probably won't spend a lot of time here…

but I would like to post in the marketplace to buy and sell blaster stuff.
I am an adult and I have 100% eBay feedback.

I don't think you're gonna change the rules for me, but I just thought I'd offer my outlook on the situation bc I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like this.

These rules honestly make me want to go find another blaster forum where I can go post in the classifieds immediately.

just post what u want in a different section i see it 5 times a day and nothing happens so i dont guess the rules apply to the other sections post away

I understand where youre coming from, I dont like the rule, and I dont like making the rule on my own site, but the rule really is a helpful deterrant against trolls and scam artists.

Not saying you are one, but if you were, would you be likely to donate so you can rip people off or go find others that are in an easier place to rip off.

Being a donating member means you have a personal vestment into the community and care about more than just making a buck or pawning off your stuff and never coming back. Its more about the community, and it shows you are more community oriented and not a selfish "me me me" oriented indivudial.

Bottom line is, sites that have this rule (like I said, my site celicatech.com has this rule as well) have FAR fewer issues with people getting scammed on their buying and selling threads than places that let any old joe come in and post.

It sucks that the bad guys make it this way for everyone, but youll find if you donate (and I dont make any money off it - Im not affiliated with this site in any way), you WILL generally get your 10 dollars worth in the course of a year.

I know I have. Paying 10 dollars and getting some of the deals Ive gotten in B&S here has paid for itself.

Just sayin. I DO respect your opinion and agree with you on a personal level, but on a professional level, it IS a deterrant and it is there for a reason.

I am a new member and I think the market place rules are a little harsh.
Since I am brand new here I don't think I'm ready to just yet donate any cash to the site. Possibly a couple bucks down the road, but not just yet.

I'm not the type of person that offers my unwanted opinion every three seconds so I don't think I'll ever reach 300 post here. 30 post will even be tough for me. I participate on many other forums from e46 M3's, to Audi's, to BansheeHQ, so I probably won't spend a lot of time here…

but I would like to post in the marketplace to buy and sell blaster stuff.
I am an adult and I have 100% eBay feedback.

I don't think you're gonna change the rules for me, but I just thought I'd offer my outlook on the situation bc I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like this.

These rules honestly make me want to go find another blaster forum where I can go post in the classifieds immediately.

I felt the same way dude when I first joined. I too have 100% ebay feedback but... like others told me the rules arn't going to change here. I agree with Luni's post as well. It is more of a reassurance to the buyer that they will actually see their item. Bottom line man... I held off for the longest time. I just signed up for the year subscription the other week and to be honest have sold more stuff on the blaster forum than I have had luck on ebay and craigslist. Mainly because the guys who need the stuff are here. Take my word for it, it is worth it.

Yeah I don't have a problem paying a couple $'s, but I don't think I can get my post count to 30. Haha.

I don't really have much to say about a blaster. I just built one for my girl.

Yeah I don't have a problem paying a couple $'s, but I don't think I can get my post count to 30. Haha.

I don't really have much to say about a blaster. I just built one for my girl.

Your already on your way... tell us about the blaster. Introduce yourself, post some pic's etc. 30 is def do able. :)

We at one time had a terrible issue about people coming here, saying they are honest people, then ripping people off, and dissappearing.

This rule is meant to deter that, and has so far been pretty successful.

Being on the staff here I apologize for the inconvieniece, but this rule has made this a safer place for our members, and while not perfect it is the best we have.

In my experience this is the largest, most helpful, and the best forum for Blaster info out there. Well worth the $10 investment. When people see you made that small commitment to the forum it shows that you are likely going to stay around.

Thanks for joining, and I hope this rule does not change your mind about our site.