Make some real power, just cuz?

stevensj13

Apr 30, 2011
Willow Springs, NC
Hey guys. I bought a mint 2002 Blaster for $850 not to long ago and, owning a Banshee and a KX 500, I quickly learned that they ain't as fun now. But when your 14 coming off a Yerf Dog 90cc, they kick ass. Now, this thing handles great, fun to fling around, and generally a wheelie machine. So, since i like it so much, I was thinking about building the motor. I can get a 3mm stroker crank for $170. I have a friend who can help me port my engine. So my question is, with a stroker crank, port work, and a DG pipe, how much HP do you think I could get out of it? Would I really notice a difference? I'm not looking for 60 ponies here, but a moderate 30-40 would be great in such a light frame. Any opinions on what I should do? Thanks guys.

A plus 3 g crank with GOOD porting will make a huge inprovment. Get a Right bend pipe to go with it.

What would be an example of a good pipe to run with this setup? being the crank at $170 and the porting free, I figure the pipe would end up being the most expensive thing. I have a DG pipe hanging in the shed that I got for free.... I figured its way better than stock atleast.

Hey guys. I bought a mint 2002 Blaster for $850 not to long ago and, owning a Banshee and a KX 500, I quickly learned that they ain't as fun now. But when your 14 coming off a Yerf Dog 90cc, they kick ass. Now, this thing handles great, fun to fling around, and generally a wheelie machine. So, since i like it so much, I was thinking about building the motor. I can get a 3mm stroker crank for $170. I have a friend who can help me port my engine. So my question is, with a stroker crank, port work, and a DG pipe, how much HP do you think I could get out of it? Would I really notice a difference? I'm not looking for 60 ponies here, but a moderate 30-40 would be great in such a light frame. Any opinions on what I should do? Thanks guys.

Without a good pipe, power pros, F7, CT, Trinity, Toomey, larger carb 30-34mm, Head work, VF3 reed cage, and open air box or a cfm box, I don't think you will get 30HP.

I would say if you stuck with original plan you would be in the mid 20's max!

DG=sh*t ;)

Without a good pipe, power pros, F7, CT, Trinity, Toomey, larger carb 30-34mm, Head work, VF3 reed cage, and open air box or a cfm box, I don't think you will get 30HP.

I would say if you stuck with original plan you would be in the mid 20's max!

DG=sh*t ;)
Bummer. Looks like its a lot more money then I initially though. Might be a better value for me, to put a dirt bike or motorcycle engine in it...

I'm just wondering if someone has any experience with a ported stroker, and how they feel it compares to stock.

i would send my jug to member sicivicdude if i were u.. hes right in north carolina also and will no doubt do a waaaaay better job than u and your friend at porting (no offence). there is a lot more to it that just grinding some metal away..

with ur planned mods im thinkin you may touch 25hp...maybeee

i wanna try one of these dg pipes cuz EVERYONE hates them. im not spreadin the word that there crap till i see it, alot of that gos on here.

30hp isnt tricky stuff it sounds big and expensive but isent. 40hp is

these motors were pretty much designed for 30 horse then detuned for the blaster

all you need for 30+ hp is a good pipe a rechambered and shaved head. clean up the quench between head and piston. thats literally it. rejet it and run supreme fuel you can dial in the power better by changing your port timing but stock is good. everything else is iceing

i recommend elimitating the tors and oil injection

these things are simple dude your stroker with good head, power reeds and rejet would prolly saprise the hell outa you. best bang for buck

I agree with triple c! I gotta pipe,jet kit,and the only other big thing I got done was letting sicivic aka james get ahold of my head and porting my cylinder,and WOW what a huge,huge difference!

we put in a 3mil crank, and porting to match the crank, with a dg pipe with an fmf turbinecore 2 silencer, 34mm mikuni carb with a pod filter.

before theese mods, my piped z400 would take the blaster by 3 bikes in a drag race now it's the other way around.

I'm sure with a better pipe we would gain alot, but the dg works ok for now.