ltr rear shock?

i think that is all you need..... im not sure though as that is not one of the popular rear shock swaps.... do u already have the shock?? or could you get a 400ex shock like alot of us have??

I don't know on the LTR but the LT400Z/KFX400 rears are interchangeable with the Honda 400ex rears, when used on the Blaster. Though not interchangeable on the 400's due to the bottom mount being different widths.

no i dont have the shock yet, should i go for a 400 shock or a trx 450r shock for a softer feel?

The TRX450 rear shock doesn't fit as well as the 400's. All I can speak from experience on is the TRX450, 400EX and LTZ/KFX 400's. The 450 reservoir needs more room and I believe are stiffer. The shocks from all 3 of the 400's mount right up with a bushing set and drilling out the bottom mount holes. The opening on the KXF/LTZ is narrower than the 400EX rear shock but the Blaster swingarm mount goes to the outside of the shock.

The 450r shock requires a plastic mount to be cut of, its also a little shorter than the 400ex. Stock 400ex raises the rear end a little.

My 450 shock has a little play on the bottom mount, im not sure why, but it seems the hole was drilled too bi

Yes I did this you have to trim your rear fender mounts and idk if the kor bushing work but I used a wrist pin out of an old piston but u had to drill my frame to make it work