lt250r engine swap??

pedo

Jun 30, 2008
has anyone heard of, or done a engine swap with a lt250r from suzuki?? could it be done?

jus put your stock blaster plastics on the 250r.then it will look like a blaster and you can save yourself the trouble of the work

haha so i take it that it would be impossiable and or a total pain in the ass.. how bout a yz250 swap?

does the frame need extra reinforcement? i heard it does and it vibrates really bad. :0

ehh prolly just a little bit .. u can always drop a yz85 motor in your blster haha there is 1 on them on ebay too if u want pics..

my buddy has a yz 250 motor that i could use, i just want to know how far i gotta go to make it reliable and sturdy. i know i gota fab mounting brackets.rad, mod the pipe. but is there anything else major? ha

OMG i just sat here and imagined my wife's blaster with my Bro-In-Laws 06 yz250 drivetrain.. scary scary thought.. just freaking wow...

Very do-able but you will have to fabricate quite a bit of stuff.

Unless you have done something like this before, might think alot before you go hacking!!!

Personally there is something about blowing away a bigger quad with my lil ole blaster motor.. =))

yea i know that it'd be tough, but im good w.my hands and my dad has been in tool an die and fabrication since i was in diapers.lol. so i think we could do it.. part ofme wants that custom ride and the lazy part wants to put in a 240 kit and call it a day, even tho it would be much less power...

bodatiousblaster: how much of a performance boost did you see w. ur 240 kit??

the first time i cracked down on it i was like OMFG!

stage III porting + the Trinity240 kit was like WOAH!

i've beat banshees & 400ex's with this blaster & looked badass doing it! B-)

any one think about making the biggest sleeper blaster???? trinity 285 with a 6mill crank with a long rod with flotech porting, custom made piston with a high comp 13/1 or 14/1, shave the head to .40, a modded fcr 4poke carb to let it work for the 2stroke, v3 reeds, turbo,nos, that would slay any thing beside a banshe cheeth 610??maybe

would the power of the vitos be equil to the trinity?? could i get away with boreing the stock head to a 240 and throwin a good piston in it?

the stock sleeve is not big enough to bore out to a 240.

cheapest way to go about it if you know someone or can re-sleeve it yourself is to buy the sleeve kit & then pay tp have the porting done by someone like Trinity. (I refer to them because I have dealt with them & they have always impressed me..)

I would not buy the vito's kit. (have not heard good things about it, enough for me to steer clear)

I will be getting a +4 HotRod crank & of course working the head a lil more this winter..

ok well, i got a couple options. but i for now im gonna run what i got. i mean geeze i got a 91' with a new top end,new sprokets,oil block off, 606 bars,boysen reeds and seat cover for only 600$. (i had to put a new carb on it) so im jus pumped it runs good. i want to modd it more soon, im just mapping out what the best route is...