Lowering shocks

BRIAN ADWELL

Oct 26, 2013
Is there a shock that I can use in the front and back to lower the ride height of their blaster?300ex shocks?Or any others?

You can change shocks to lower your Blaster but the real trick is finding ones that will mount up and not make your Blaster ride like crap. Your best bet is to get the lowering kit.

I would rather try a shorter shock because I have several friends that part-out quads all the time and they have lots of different shocks but I dont know what to ask for to lower the height.I could get the shocks cheaper than the lowering links I would think.

Thanks guys I'll try the raptor 350 fronts and I know where a banshee rear shock is so i'll see how that goes also.I just need to get it as low and wide as possible.I would just buy aftermarket stuff but I'm on a tight budget due to just changing jobs and having 2 kids and a wife that can't work due to breast cancer.So keep the ideas coming for a cheap build for a rodeo quad! Thanks again!

I think the caster/camber would stay the same cause when I tried pushing down on front it looked to be ok.Its different on my youngest sons LT80 cause it has single a-arms.I may be wrong has anyone tried this before?I would like to find a used diamond J set-up cheap if anyone has one? Thanks

i think honda 300ex fronts are 1" or so shorter than ours ?
1" is alot when compounded by the angle.

edit: yep, 300ex shocks are 13"
check here for lengths of the most common shock lengths....
http://www.worksperformance.com/pdf/app_guide/atv.pdf

for yamaha's, it appears only some big bears and kodiaks had 13"+ shocks.
but i'd try to stick with a similar total weight sport quad, as the 300ex is.
i see some suzuki lt250's in that lentgth too

Thanks AWK08 I will grab a set and try those.AWK08 I see that you have had KOR do some work for you and can you suggest what type of porting would be best for what we do and who I should have do it?Trail port,MX port,etc.

Thanks AWK08 I will grab a set and try those.AWK08 I see that you have had KOR do some work for you and can you suggest what type of porting would be best for what we do and who I should have do it?Trail port,MX port,etc.

ken does all my work on both my blasters.
i couldn't be happier with the performance or customer service I:I
he is the only person who will ever touch any of my engines again

best to let ken explain what style porting will be best for you.
if he doesn't answer his phone, which is rare, leave a message & he'll call you back asap............

ken oconnor racing 860-230-5003
kenoconnorracing.com