Loose parts sound inside the engine

Craig420

Nov 22, 2014
Ok I have a 00 blaster when I squeeze the clutch lever to dis engage the clutch I hear a sound coming from the left side Of the engine sounds like loose parts being tumbled around. No knocking or banging. Sounds like if you put pennies in your hands cupped them together and gently shook them around. And this is at speeds. Doesn't happens at a dead stop. What do you all think is wrong before I go rippin it apart nd ordering parts and stuff. The motor is freshly rebuilt. But as far as i know the transmission is all original except the clutch plate

Wouldn't ride any more until fixed.
Best bet is pull clutch cover and start checking, something is probably coming loose, could even be center clutch nut.

Tip over on left side and you won't have to drain oil to check.

Actually might be good idea to start at rear axle and check drive train, because anything amiss in engine/trans should make "the noise" wether it's moving or not.

Weirdly the noise stoped that same day. Haven't ride it since. And I intend to change the tranny fluid anyways so I'll drain it and pop it open and take a look. Btw I have no knowledge of how to disassemble a transmission nor how to build one. Just change the fluid. Any tips on what I'll be looking at or anything I need to know? Like is it all gunna fall out when I open it? Does it need to be opened on it's side to better observe and possible locate the worn or loose part or parts?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 138
You will need to drain the oil, remove the footpeg, remove the kicker, then all the screws around the outside perimeter, you will also need a new gasket. Nothing should fall out when you remove it but be aware of how the kicker gear is installed. Looks for chips, cracks, broken pieces etc. Take a pic if you can and post it if you think you see something a miss.

Ok so it's on the right side...
And what would the gasket be called so I can go ahead and get a new one before hand. And I needed a new gasket anyways because it makes a little spot on the concrete wen I let it sit for a few days. Oil drip through the gasket. It's not bad at all. But can't say it's good lol
And thanks for helping an I will post pics when I do this just so I have a second opinion that's all is ok. But also the sound is coming from the left side of the engine....
Does that change things???

And thanks for helping an I will post pics when I do this just so I have a second opinion that's all is ok. But also the sound is coming from the left side of the engine....
Does that change things???

Well, ya :rolleyes:
Not much there except the stator, tho a loose screw could be rubbing, which could cause lots of damage. Using ONLY a Blaster flywheel puller (no 2/3 jaws) pull the flywheel a look.

I would start by making sure all the bolts are snug. If they are, then consider changing gasket. Be sure to clean the area (or whole bike) BEFORE you start to work on it. Can actually do it with out draining oil, shut fuel off and tip it onto left side.