Looking at building a 240 big bore

Muddytoy

Oct 25, 2010
Hey guys I am new to this blaster stuff, as I have always had 4stroke quads, I am interested in building a 240 blaster as the one I have looks like it could use a rebuild, nothing really wrong with it just figured since I got it cheap I could put some money in it and help it hang with my 440ex. Is one kit better then another out there, I have looked at the Vito's 240 kit and the Wicked ATV kit. Anything else that I should look at, I am looking at doing the Toomey B1 pipe kit as well.

If I had $500 I would buy that right now.

If you can't afford that then don't wast your money on a big bore.buying the vito's kit is just a wast in my opinion. You'll have to go to a bigger carb to run a big bore. The stock carb won't cut it.if you want real power from a big bore then get LA Sleeve like 442 said.

i would get a different pipe than the B1 for the big bore, but a lot of it is going to be in how the engine is ported.

that LA sleeve kit is a lot better than what vito's has been cranking out lately

i would get a different pipe than the B1 for the big bore, but a lot of it is going to be in how the engine is ported.

that LA sleeve kit is a lot better than what vito's has been cranking out lately

better then what Vito's ever put out. You just bore your stock jug 40 over and call a 240. Lol. Oh. That's rite. That's only for selling on CL.

money isnt the issue, just need something for the wife and friends to ride that can kinda keep up with my big bore 440ex. I got the quad for 650 bucks and it runs good minus the carb needs rebuilt and could use a new set of reeds.

money isnt the issue, just need something for the wife and friends to ride that can kinda keep up with my big bore 440ex. I got the quad for 650 bucks and it runs good minus the carb needs rebuilt and could use a new set of reeds.

if u put a la sleeve 240 on there u should have no problem keeping up with that 440 if u really wanted to make things interesting put a 3 mm stroker crank in with it

wow that 40cc's really makes that much of a difference, cause my 440 has a stage 2 hot cam, high comp piston, HMF full exhaust, rev box, port and polish, and runs down most 450s with just exhaust and filter kits no problem.

wow that 40cc's really makes that much of a difference, cause my 440 has a stage 2 hot cam, high comp piston, HMF full exhaust, rev box, port and polish, and runs down most 450s with just exhaust and filter kits no problem.

its 40ccs 2 stroke power though... thats also like a 20% increase in displacement. plus its redesigned port layouts which is where the actual power comes from

More to it then throwing a aftermarket jug, piston, and stroker crank and then go ripping. You need it ported and matched, head milled, specific pipe, 35-6mm carb, reeds, gearing and tires. Everything has to work together for you to get the most power out of it you can, and you have to be smart enough to dial it in and keep it maintained and fresh.

Then your suspension HAS to be upgraded, +3 or bigger long travel's, +2 or +3 swinger, valved aftermarket shocks, longer stem, gusseted frame.

In fact I'd just get a pipe/reeds and tires to start with and focus on building your frame first, thats the real limiting factor to these little bikes...

its 40ccs 2 stroke power though... thats also like a 20% increase in displacement. plus its redesigned port layouts which is where the actual power comes from

I see you have a Trail port from Wild Card, not really sure where to get the porting done around here, I am looking at spending about 1200 or so on this build.

I see you have a Trail port from Wild Card, not really sure where to get the porting done around here, I am looking at spending about 1200 or so on this build.

indeed i do but unfortunately i havent tested it yet its setting on my dresser lol... its also a vitos kit and i think as long as you get the vitos kits worked over by a professional you shouldnt see any real problems. and as far as getting the porting done. there are only three people i would trust and they are all on this sight. wildcard racing. flotek. and oconner racing. all three very knowledgeable and will work with you to get you what you want

yeah i think i am gonna get the vito's 240 kit and get it ported, throw on a pipe kit and call it a day since i have a shee axle on it and +3 swing arm, and the fronts swapped.

the only benefit i truly see to the LA sleeve kit is the intake because its a cr250 intake other than that i have seen no hard facts as to how its better performance wise. i think they are constructed a little better but thats only based on a couple members having problems with them ... cough cough "freek" cough... but until i see some dyno results or some hard facts that la sleeve is the best im not jumping on the band wagon

yeah i think i am gonna get the vito's 240 kit and get it ported, throw on a pipe kit and call it a day since i have a shee axle on it and +3 swing arm, and the fronts swapped.

big mistake, vitos stuff has been breaking left and right for people on this site for the extra 95 dollars get the la sleeve kit and have it ported by ken oconnor for 150.00 i gaurantee it will pull way harder than the vitos kit regardless of who ports it Ken OConnor Racing, High Performance Motocross Engines, Performance Modifications, Motorcycle valve jobs, Motorcycle Crankshaft Rebuilds, Motocross Cylinder Porting, Motocross Cylinder Head Porting

CT posts a dyno sheet of it. I have one, I have riden many different ported 200 and 240 cylinders, I have looked at them. there is no comparison. I have only been dealing with ported blaster cylinders since 1988.

the LA Sleeve kit is the same price its 499.99 but u have to get the cyl bored and the sleeve put in it.

dont waste your money on vitos. just talk to blasterfreek30. he had the sleeve turn inside the jug on one of their cylinders completely f'ed the cylinder. la sleeve is a great top end but ct racing sells the same thing and you can buy a kit from them with the carb, top end, piston kit, and exhaust for somewhere around your price range. Also replacement pistons for the vitos bbk are getting hard to find. and that small diffrence of the cr250 reed cage in the ct jug is a huge difference.