local boring prices

paid $45 once, to a reputable auto machine shop, that i've used for numerous engines...402 big block, 1.8 pontiac, 4.3 chevy

too bad they couldnt get my little single lung right.... 8 thousandths over pitston size ????

we know who does all my stuff now !!!!!

My dealer charges about $105 for one. I will now be sending them to ken o'connor!

I charge $55 for a bore , hone, gasket surface prep, port chamfer, and cleaning. The other shops in my area charge $120, $80 and $95. I have three automotive machine shops within 3 miles of me. We're all good friends and most of them are far too busy building race engines to even screw around with Blasters so they just send them to me. I base my prices on a national average that's derived off of prices that are charged nationwide. I will say that the $55 I charge is well spent.

I charge $55 for a bore , hone, gasket surface prep, port chamfer, and cleaning. The other shops in my area charge $120, $80 and $95. I have three automotive machine shops within 3 miles of me. We're all good friends and most of them are far too busy building race engines to even screw around with Blasters so they just send them to me. I base my prices on a national average that's derived off of prices that are charged nationwide. I will say that the $55 I charge is well spent.

$120 to punch one hole? :(

@hillbilly: Anywhere from $40 to Ken's $55 is pretty fair. Machine shops still have to eat and while it doesn't take a whole long time to bore and hone a blaster cylinder, they do have to keep the lights on too...