Little oil leak

jose sanchez

Apr 25, 2015
I have a 2002 yamaha blaster I have notice it leaks very little but leaks oil and when i turn it on smoke comes out of the muffler how can I fix the leak and the smoke thank you very appreciative

It's a 2 stroke it's always gonna smoke. Is it excessive and really smelly? Do you see oil in the sight glass when it has been sitting for awhile?

It's a 2 stroke it's always gonna smoke. Is it excessive and really smelly? Do you see oil in the sight glass when it has been sitting for awhile?
Not a lot it's just mild and it hasn't been tinned for a long time because it was getting fixed till I got today but before I took it to fix it has been sitting for a long period of time ... What do I do with the little oil leak?

Hmm..if from the cases I would be concerned, and a leak test is in order. If from the clutch cover than a new gasket is due. You need to find the source.

Hmm..if from the cases I would be concerned, and a leak test is in order. If from the clutch cover than a new gasket is due. You need to find the source.
Yea that's what I was thinking the gasket because it barely a leak but it does leak

Have you even looked at the bottom of the motor? Clean the whole bottom of the motor. Then let it leak a bit and see where it's coming from. It's possible it's just the drain plug or the shift shaft seal.