listen to this

DussinC

Feb 23, 2009
mebane nc
listen to this and let me know what you think,

have you guys ever noticed the rubber plugs between the stator cover and crank case? well the one next to my sprocket is gone(have no clue) and iv been trying to figure out why my blaster would rev high when tooken off choke. if i put my finger over the hole it wont rev and as soon as i do, it revs up. now my question is, isnt their a cank seal that should be keeping the air out of the engine?

theres only one plug, its by the clutch linkege, you could have an air leak, maybe the rubber boot around the choke is missing/dameged, that will cause a leak

that plug will not hurt anything unless you run through deep water, then you may fry the stator.. and yes theres a crank seal behind the flywheel... but if it was leaking oil would be coming out, check for airleaks around the carb/boot/reed cage, use carb cleaner or starter fluid when its running that will tell you

lol YES there is a crank seal. replace em both while your at it. thats your problem. the plug isnt a issue, its the fact the seal is alowing air in. so new crank seals for both sides and your dandy. dont ride it till you fix it though or you risk leaning out to the point of burning up your rings/piston.

lol YES there is a crank seal. replace em both while your at it. thats your problem. the plug isnt a issue, its the fact the seal is alowing air in. so new crank seals for both sides and your dandy. dont ride it till you fix it though or you risk leaning out to the point of burning up your rings/piston.

could anybody point me to a thread that, tells me how to replace crank seals or give me advice.

so now you know that there are crank seals on both sides of the crank before you run off and order new ones up, go out there w/ a can of carb spray and pull the stator cover. start the bike up. get her warmed to the point where she's revin up real high, then spray the carb cleaner behind the flywheel. if the revs drop you've found your prob.
to replace the crank seals, you need to get a flywheel puller. also a clutch/flywheel holder helps too.
pull the flywheel (make sure you don't lose the woodruff key) and stator and use a pick to get the old seal out. then grease and install the new one (use a large deep socket to help drive it into place. reinstall the stator and flywheel being careful to properly align the woodruff key into the crank. make sure to slap some blue on all the bolts and nuts.
if i were you i'd def replace all seals at once. esp the 2 crank seals and the countershaft seal.