led light bar

mine never came with a tail light but is that the regulator i need or do i need a different one?

image.jpg

Using a rectifier is a better option, although the LEDs will illuminate using just a rectifier they will be switching off at the negative cycle and flickering may be noticed at lower revs..

The life of the LEDs may too be shortened.

The specs on that bar stipulate 12 to 30 volts DC.

You can make a cheap rectifier with diodes, as per diag.

Last edited:
Short answer: Yes

Long answer: it will flicker due to being "turned" on and off constantly by the AC of the blaster. Add a rectifier and you will have a nice smooth light

When I did my LED Conversion this is the Regulator/Rectifier that I used: HERE Its a little bit more expensive but it works great. Also im not sure if you need to do this 100% but i did just to be sure, I floated the ground on my starter as stated in previous threads. I have read that some say you have to float it and some say its not needed. It wasnt that hard to do so I did it anyways.

Reactions: suprex
Can I add the rectifier right where the headlights hook up, or must I put it before the switches, right after the stator?
I dont actually think it matters, but im not 100% sure.

really as long as its connected to the right wires, the same current is going through it all.

although i havent looked at a diagram for a while so dont take my word for it