Leaking/burning tranny oil!

Sbarron239

Feb 15, 2017
Hello I'm new to this forum, I have an 05 blaster just rebuilt the top end. When I finally got it all back together in the bike I had a thick white smoke, no power and oil leaking on the stator side. So I decided it must be crank seals. I replaced them and started the bike up. The oil level was at the right level and the bike ran sh*tty but had power. After about 10 minuetes the clutch started slipping and there was no oil in the tranny. Weird. Did it about 3 times same results. I filled the oil level higher than normal figuring I'd be able to ride it longer that way. Wrong! Thick white smoke again no power. Drained all the oil left it in neutral and still no change. Thick white smoke!
There is oil coming out where the exhaust meets the motor as well. Any ideas??? Crank seals again? Or crack in the case? I have no clue. Maybe I need a leak down tester? Idk I have a video idk if I can post it or not

I know for a fact that my exhaust is leaking, I can watch oil spew out where the header meets the engine. And a little at the exhaust where the header meets the silencer. Is it possible this could be giving me all the issues stated? It doesn't want to rev now either as if the tors system is messing up

I know for a fact that my exhaust is leaking, I can watch oil spew out where the header meets the engine. And a little at the exhaust where the header meets the silencer. Is it possible this could be giving me all the issues stated? It doesn't want to rev now either as if the tors system is messing up

I'm having this same issue right now with an 01 the exact same problems except I am not leaking any oil from anywhere but deffinatly burning it, no power as well haven't changed crank seals I'm waiting on them
But today when I started it , it acted as if tors was active as well I'm having trouble too figuring out what to do

I'm having this same issue right now with an 01 the exact same problems except I am not leaking any oil from anywhere but deffinatly burning it, no power as well haven't changed crank seals I'm waiting on them
But today when I started it , it acted as if tors was active as well I'm having trouble too figuring out what to do
The other day I was playing with my carbs adjusting them and I took the top of the air filter box off and started her up and she ran near perfect. Still burning oil. not a good idea to ride burning oil, but F*** it I have an entire transmission in spare parts as well as a piston and rings and I've been waiting to figure this bike out for over a year.

As said above do a leak down test. You can do it with the clutch cover off. If you are sacking tyranny fluid you either have a leak between the cases, crank seal, or crank collar. Definitely get it sealed up before you seize your top end from running lean.

Reactions: best
It has nothing to do with your carb or exhaust, as Ken and others have said:
"The only way transmission fluid is getting in there is from a bad seal on the clutch side or the case seal between the case and the transmission. Do a leak down test."

The leak down test will tell you exactly where the leak is. You may have put the seal in wrong, you may have a crack in the case, you may have a leaking gasket. With a leak down test you can find it and fix it.

Hello I'm new to this forum, I have an 05 blaster just rebuilt the top end. When I finally got it all back together in the bike I had a thick white smoke, no power and oil leaking on the stator side. So I decided it must be crank seals. I replaced them and started the bike up. The oil level was at the right level and the bike ran sh*tty but had power. After about 10 minuetes the clutch started slipping and there was no oil in the tranny. Weird. Did it about 3 times same results. I filled the oil level higher than normal figuring I'd be able to ride it longer that way. Wrong! Thick white smoke again no power. Drained all the oil left it in neutral and still no change. Thick white smoke!
There is oil coming out where the exhaust meets the motor as well. Any ideas??? Crank seals again? Or crack in the case? I have no clue. Maybe I need a leak down tester? Idk I have a video idk if I can post it or not
Whoever installed the clutch side crank seal damaged seal upon installation probably. It's easy to damage. Also check the center spacer for grooved condition. Try vacumn testing clutch side case for cracked case condition of blown case halve gasket which is possible.

Reactions: Jre720