leak!

trailripper1500

Feb 16, 2008
Hope Valley RI
i finally got my blaster going and now its starting to leak oil or gasoline. its coming out the side where the kickstarter is, and is coming out 2 inches behind the oil check thing. i just started to have fun and noticed that i had a problem. i think its the gasket because the gasket is sticking out above the oil check, and you could fit a screwdriver underneath it. is this a pain in the ass to replace? how much are these gaskets? anyway, i probably have to drain all the gas out, and oil, make sure its dry, and then take the engine apart and then replace it.

the kickstarter is giving me a real biotch.. i cannot get it off. i tried wd-40, a 3 foot piece of pipe..everything except heat, which i'm a little apprehensive about doing, being next to oil and wd-40, and i also sprayed carb cleaner all over my engine to clean it a little bit, remove grease, etc. i don't want my engine to catch on fire because MONEY IS TIGHT. it is left loosey righty tighty, right? figured i'd make sure. thanks.

yep lefty loosey righty tighty. just push the starter all the way down and loosen the nut with a wrench