KTM chassis/Blaster engine - BUILD!!

Well finally made some more progress! This was 4 hours ago:

100_1120.jpg

And these I just had to take after all the cutting/welding/mockups...

100_1124.jpg

100_1126.jpg

It does run alot better now and no clearance issues. It seems to have a hanging idle and the power still seems very flat as in no "hit" Everything is tucked in as good as it can get for what I had to work with. Now it's probably time for another break from it or slow piece by piece here and there. Atleast the biggest part is done now - just gotta figure out the jetting yet.

just so you know there isn't much hit in a blaster with a stock expansion chamber. unfortunatly, i would know lol. if you could cut and weld the stock why don't you try it with a cheap used fatty?

Ok thanks for all the suggestions people. I just might try a used pipe sometime but I want to finish it first and see what else needs changed before I get back into the pipe.

I cant use the factory tank and shrouds because of the cooling fins. The stock ktm jug is about the size of a softball and the blaster jug is the size of a basketball haha. And that would've reaaalllly limited my pipe options.

This thread caught my eye. Nice work!
What about just using a KTM pipe and welding a Blaster flange on it?
A KTM 200 Fatty pipe would be about right for displacement and RPM.
Just an idea.

I am thinking about an opposite swap. A KTM 250 or 380 motor into a Blaster.
I have the 250 motor fitted into the chassis but the 380 is a bit tight at the flywheel.
I need to learm more about trimming swingarms to fit the wider motor before I cut.
Any suggestions on threads?

Steve