KOR Hurricane Statement

The worse is over! Lost power at my house but no damage to anything. Irene was much worse. Jess and I got coffee and breakfast at McDonalds this morning and are here at the shop now. No damage and I have power here so I’m open for business. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.

well it's good u have some power and didnt get hit too bad wife just told me we haven't had power since yesterday but ill be going home here in about 4 hrs, no French maid outfit but ill keep her warm other ways :)

well it's good u have some power and didnt get hit too bad wife just told me we haven't had power since yesterday but ill be going home here in about 4 hrs, no French maid outfit but ill keep her warm other ways :)

did u buy some extra blankets or something?

I decided to close the shop today and get ready for this storm. Gas tanks are full, plenty of non-perishables, propane, ice, beer and water. Jess did all of the laundry and cleaned the house in a French Maid outfit. <SOME SNIPPED>

Ken, that last comment caught me by surprise and caused me to blow coffee out my nose! Even better that it was linked to an ebay ad for the same, just in case I didn't have the right mental image.

Hey, what is with cleaning before a natural disaster. My wife used to do that too. I mean like, odds are nature is working up to walk in and clean house for you, so I say just pick up the important stuff and hold your breath. If the wind blows through, the up side is you didn't waste an afternoon of cleaning!

Really glad damage was minimal in your area Ken and all. We are still waiting for our punishment, but it sounds like thunderstorms only.

Steve

We started getting it bad last night here in Wv, we've got over 2 feet of snow at snowshoe, and we've got about 5 inches here at my house.

They say this is going to be the worst, and Katrina killed so many people and wrecked everything. Damn, hope your all safe. Nothing here in Indiana.

Glad to hear you're good ken.

Blew through here last night. I was actually in Cleveland. Very high winds in Cleveland, not too bad in my home area. Schools ran a delay, no severe power outages. My dad works for a trucking company and meets a guy in New York who lives up north who is out of power and is estimated to be for a while, and all the stores around him are out too.

anyone wanna play pick-up-sticks...cause that whats north jersey is like..there is utter devestation in some of these towns around me..ive never seen so many trees on houses and downed telephone poles everywhere...good luck trying to get gas anywhere around here, people are actually starting fist fights waiting for gas..we got it pretty bad!

Electricity rules!!!!!
Jess and I just got our power back. It was like five days of living on Awk Mountain. That really sucks unless you’re Awk. Thanks to the boys from the Great White North for stringing a new line and getting us back on line. We were so happy to see the boys from Canada that Dave and Polly bought them two cases of beer. Off to the shower to wash my a$$. Best wishes to you guys in New York and Jersey. You got pounded and I feel your pain.

Electricity rules!!!!!
Jess and I just got our power back. It was like five days of living on Awk Mountain. That really sucks unless you’re Awk. Thanks to the boys from the Great White North for stringing a new line and getting us back on line. We were so happy to see the boys from Canada that Dave and Polly bought them two cases of beer. Off to the shower to wash my a$$. Best wishes to you guys in New York and Jersey. You got pounded and I feel your pain.

wow u lost it for alot longer than me...i was only out for 3 days, glad to hear u got power back tho...been a pretty hectic week for sure