Knocking noise(video)

Drifz1

May 24, 2010
mayo,ireland
hey ,just wondering if any of you have had this problem or know what it is ? it drives fine little down on acceleration though.it only knocks on decel ?? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I notice it bogging a few times when you gave it gas.

Hows the compression?

Cannot advise on the noise as it very hard to tell with a tiny laptop speaker.

compression very good, just rebuilt . has namura high comp piston.... bought it blown up so dont know what it was like before

Sound like its running "fat" is the choke still on? Is it warmed up? Its hard to hear anything inthat video. Its easier to hear noises outside in a "clearing" than it is inside a building. Perhaps you could take a better video?

Sound like its running "fat" is the choke still on? Is it warmed up? Its hard to hear anything inthat video. Its easier to hear noises outside in a "clearing" than it is inside a building. Perhaps you could take a better video?

Funny how ears hear differently, I was leaning (to coin a phrase) :D totally the other way and thinking it is too thin.

Hate to burst your bubble but there is no such thing as a hi comp piston for a two stroke. I don't care what a seller says on E Gay. If it were so, don't you think Weisco would have them. Compression is adjusted by milling head, thinner head or base gasket, smaller domes in cool head, or on Blaster a head mod.

Sound isn't working on my comp, so N C.

i dont hear anything out of the ordinary, it dos sound like its running abit lean maybe ? i only think that cuz it dosnt seem to want to come down to an idel. i dont hear any knocking sound at all. you MUST leak test the motor i bet that may be ur problem

Mine was sounding like that took mine apart and checked the inside casing and where my cam fits in it was hitting the bottom of casing when let off throttle it eventually broke a piece where cam goes and jammed it in 5th gear n busted bottom of my casing! Now my question is i fixed my casing but my left side crank casin where the cam goes is broke a piece da size of a dime will it mess anything up if i put ut back together?or is there supposed to be oil traveling through where thw cam is into the crank?

Lucky you're a newbee Mr. Bean :D As there are no "Cams" in a 2 s :eek:
Might you be talking about the counterbalance shaft? I:I