Kilowatt Monster

JohnSwitch

Aug 21, 2011
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Hey Guys

I bought my self a new blaster stock standard. I have stripped it down and I am rebuilding it from the ground up.

I am getting the 3mm Vito's stroker install, porting the motor, having the head skimmed and reshaped. I am building a 4"(100mm) extend swingarm and fitting 3" wider AmericanStar a-arms.

I am welding rim stiffeners into the rims . I am epoxy coating the frame and swingarm gunmetal grey and the rims satin black.

I have also bought the 30mm D-slide OKO carb.
I had DG on my old bike but just bought a FMF fatty with the power core 2 from a friend for the new one.

For a more detailed description of the build check it out at this address.
Blaster Project

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 304
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 220
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 224
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 246
Here are some photos of the swingarm in production and what the rims and frame look like. In the photo the swingarms has only bin tacked up but it was weld up today. Will epoxy it next week. :)

Attachments

• Blaster Swingarm_v7.JPG
    Blaster Swingarm_v7.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 321
  • 2011-10-04 07.02.08.jpg
    2011-10-04 07.02.08.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 267
  • rims.jpg
    rims.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 261
  • front rim.jpg
    front rim.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 250
  • start.jpg
    start.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 266
Depending on what kind of ridding your looking to do, you may want to get a different pipe to go with the motor upgrades.

LOoks really good so far seems like you know what your doing. But ya i would upgrade pipes.

and where does the "kilowatt monster" come into this build ????
i'm assuming a bigger wattage stator and ample lighting ???

nice welds on the swinger!

damn that looks like a render from the autocad i used back when i was in highschool lol

Hey Guys :)

I have two pipes a DG and FMF fatty. I dont like the DG so I am using the FMF. I know that there are better pipes out there and from what I have read the right hand bend pipes are the best. The bottom line is I just dont have the cash for a new pipe. :(

The rear has 50mm spacer on each side, I would like to get a wider axil at some stage maybe a Banshee axil but once again no cash for that this year. The program I used to model the swingarm was Autocad 2006. I really like working in Autocad a lot more then programs like Inventor or SolidWorks and I think AutoCad 2006 is more stable then 2010 or 2011. I know AutoCad is old school :)

Kilowatts does not just mean electrical power, I am referring to the power output of the motor. Not everyone uses horsepower.

Glad you guys like the swingarm :)

Reactions: chee_dee
and where does the "kilowatt monster" come into this build ????
i'm assuming a bigger wattage stator and ample lighting ???

lol, I thought that too.

I was like Kilowatt stator? no way.

Also, damn nice job on that swingarm!

Hey

Ya I see that the project title is causing some confusion should probably have given it a different title. 8-|

There are hydro brakes on the bike which is nice. I had drums on my first blaster which I only got at the start of the year and I dont like the drums. I am new to blaster and quads but have picked up a lot about the bikes from Blasterforum.

When I got the new bike it was in really good condition did not really need to rebuild it but I wanted to make it sick! The guy rebuilding my motor did say that it needed new main bearing which I find strange since the bike looks like it has hardly bin used in the last 5 years. I do know if you have to little 2T in your mix then that can be bad for the crack bearings but this bike still had its pre mixer on. Does anyone know why the bearings would be done or do they just not last that long.

I also posted some pics of the swingarm weld up now it just needs to get it epoxy coated. I:I

Attachments

• Blaster.jpg
    Blaster.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 230
  • swing3.jpg
    swing3.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 245
looks like some good stuff your building
what kind of front bumper is that, i've never seen that style before

and i'd say we got the language barrier straightened out
(kilowatt=horsepower)

usually no problems with the crank bearings, maybe he's fishing extra $$$ out of your pocket ????

keep the pics comin !!!!!!!!

Hey AWK08

Glad you like the build. The bumper was design and built by a friend of mine he is really good with stuff like that, he's been build custom bumpers and grab bars for quads for some time. He also did my grab bar.

When I picked up the motor on Friday I saw the bearings and they were done. The guy who did the work on my motor says that he thinks that the bike was ridden really slowly and that the bearings were not getting oil or something like that. The bike also had a B7ES plug in when I bought it, which is hotter then what you would normally run in a standard blaster and they probably put it in because they where fouling plugs a lot cause they where riding so slow and that's why they probably used a hotter plug.

possibly, with the plug and bearings,
doesnt matter now, you've got a clean slate

Hey Guys

I need some help please! I have a bought the 30mm OKO carb for my blaster, its also know as the CPW carb. The nice thing about this carb is that it fits really easily onto the intake boot but not so good on the air filter side. When the plastics are off the bike I can get the carb into the boot with some work but when its on the bike I just cant get it on. I have tried a heat gun but the rubber just get soft and does not really stretch. Does anyone have this carb, and can you please help? Do not want to build a new air box but will if I have to. This is one of the last things to do on the build and I really want to get it done! Should I heat the rubber up more? I just dont want it to tear. :(

Hey Guys

I need some help please! I have a bought the 30mm OKO carb for my blaster, its also know as the CPW carb. The nice thing about this carb is that it fits really easily onto the intake boot but not so good on the air filter side. When the plastics are off the bike I can get the carb into the boot with some work but when its on the bike I just cant get it on. I have tried a heat gun but the rubber just get soft and does not really stretch. Does anyone have this carb, and can you please help? Do not want to build a new air box but will if I have to. This is one of the last things to do on the build and I really want to get it done! Should I heat the rubber up more? I just dont want it to tear. :(

what if u cut the rubber back a few inches and put a short length of pvc pipe with a proper sized rubber adapter from the hardware store on the end to make hooking it to the carb easier