Killin fish in CT

Cast a mile is a technical term of measurement of a rigs casting distance in fishermen terms.

I have a G-Loomis GL3 6'6 ultralight rod. Pfleuger President XT reel. I can "cast a mile" with that thing too.

Love me some fishing. My GF runs a Fenwick 6'6 ultralight rod with a Pfleuger Trion reel. She loves it.

Got my buddy into fishing. Set him up with an Okuma 6'6 ultralight rod with a Pfleuger President reel. Hes lovin that.

Got my brother set up with a Shimano Scimitar ultralight and a Shimano Sedona reel he likes.

And finally the one thats my favorite (besides my Loomis) got my buddy into a 7 foot ultralight Lamiglass rod with a Pflueger President reel and he loves the hell out of it.

Whats your guys favorite gear and fishing style? I live in Utah, I go primarily after trout. Im not really into bass fishing.

I also flyfish on a 5 weight Ross 4 piece rod as well. Love dry fly fishing.

Favorite gear is two tubs of liver, 2dozen of chubs, case of beer my son and my 7' bigwater rod 20lbs test 2 ounce egg sinker. Sitting in a chair on a sand bar middle of the Mon river in late July/Aug pullin in Monster cats! 18-25lbs. 25lbs is the biggest I caught, but have seen a few 30ish+lbs 40+inchers. Those are fun. I also love to go steelhead in Erie! No expensive gear basic 3pc fly with cyrstal meth fly's, wooly buggers, power bait!

i have my shimano curado (best reel made so far, it hasnt been topped yet) on a 6'6 medium heavy rod-thats the bait caster

and then i have a Penn reel on a 7' heavy action rod-that the spinner reel

and then i got a buncha cheapo rods and reels too.......^^those are my nicest setups, but if you got the cash and the skill to use a baitcaster then get the curado, its great, best money can buy right now, but it will be topped soon and that with give shimano another reason to redesign

and LUNI, why do you use all ultralight stuff? u fish for small fish?

over fourth of july weekend i caught 3 bass, a 2lber, 3 lber and 2 1/2 lber

i even have a picture of the 2lber

wel, this sucks, my mom and grandpa went down to the old mining pits in sounthern indiana, to do some fiushing, cause they have good fishing, they were on the way to their favorite one, and it is all fenced in with no tresspassing sighns, the other one they like has tubes either draining it or adding water to it, and when the went to leave there was a sighn that said no entry to this area without permit, and all this stuff that the area was sold to developers

I have personally caught a 27 inch 5 lb lake trout on an ultralight rod with a small spinner.

I just prefer the feel of an ultralight rod. I dont have anything around here that requires the use of anything bigger to be honest.

my favorite rod is my SPHEROS 5000FA, on a 6'6 st croix rod....and gotta love using spider wire, impossible to break that line when u have a snag