kicker pressure

Nov 7, 2008
how hard should it be to kick our kicker? im used to dirtbikes and i can remember on those if it cought up at the top, it was a pain to kick, but the blaster never does that for me? I suppose it could be that the blaster just has alot less psi, i know my last dirtbike had a compression release so you could kick it, without it it was impossible to kick.

i'll try it by hand tomorrow... its easy with my foot. And my PSI is good so i know the engine is fine. It just seems like i remember back when i had my first one in 96 that it was a complete biotch to kick; however i also was only like 10 years old.

If any of you kick it over by hand make sure ign is OFF. Had a friend break his arm when it kicked back. That was years ago on a dirt bike.

the kickers on a stock blaster is able to be pushed down by hand. it isn't easy, like you have to put an effort into it. it is just drops down, you need a rebuild. the same is true about a banshee.
and brian, i am assuming your dirt bike was a 4-stroke since no 2-stroke has a compression release and i am also assuming it was a 400/426 since i dont think any 250s had compression release in the 90s and i am not sure when was the big bore size at that time.

the kickers on a stock blaster is able to be pushed down by hand. it isn't easy, like you have to put an effort into it. it is just drops down, you need a rebuild. the same is true about a banshee.
and brian, i am assuming your dirt bike was a 4-stroke since no 2-stroke has a compression release and i am also assuming it was a 400/426 since i dont think any 250s had compression release in the 90s and i am not sure when was the big bore size at that time.

why are the blasters so easy to kick? is it because they have a longer kicker than other 2stroke bikes?

it actually has to do with the gear ratio between the kicker and the primary gear reduction ratio. also blasters dont have a lot of compression in stock form.

dirt bike...1 foot on ground other on kicker.Whith seat between you n$$s
quad all your weight on pegs.
blaster what 120 psi?
yz250 what 190 psi?