Keihin PE Vs. PWK

wompmonster

Apr 26, 2012
Hey guys i'm a new member and have had a blaster for a few now. I have acquired a blaster that isn't starting due to the pilot jet not being the right one.
I have been looking for jets from ordering online to looking at dealer nearby, but can't find any jets for a Keihin PE 28mm carb. I took this opportunity to purchase a Keihin PWK 28mm Carb. Is this a good investment vs. PE carb?

Ive noticed some PEs take different jets. Sudco and Keihin both show a hex main jet with a N424-21 Pilot. However my PE 28 mm didn't work with those jets. My was bought used so maybe it was tampered with. Here are the ones mine takes. Check yours vs the pictures to verify.

Both the PE 28mm and the PWK 28mm are two stroke carbs ment for small 300CC and lower engines. PWK is a more popular carb because its easier to find the sweet spot when jetting. A PWK may have slightly higher performance increase due to it being designed for aftermarket race setup applications.

Pilot: Keihin N424-74C Series Pilot Jet | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Mian:Keihin 99101-393 Series Main Jet | ATV | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Hey guys i'm a new member and have had a blaster for a few now. I have acquired a blaster that isn't starting due to the pilot jet not being the right one.
I have been looking for jets from ordering online to looking at dealer nearby, but can't find any jets for a Keihin PE 28mm carb. I took this opportunity to purchase a Keihin PWK 28mm Carb. Is this a good investment vs. PE carb?

yes, the pwk is a better carb.