Keihin 28mm PWK with oil injection

Blaster8821

Sep 4, 2014
I'm sending my 88 Blasters jug/head to Ken to get ported and bored next week. My dad was telling me when he was younger, he had a company from the Grand Rapids Michigan area called dirt works port and bore his Honda CR125 and also had a larger carb put on. He told me it made a HUGE difference. Unfortunately Dirt Works went out of business years ago and I want to do the same on my blaster; however, I don't want to delete the oil injection system when I put a bigger carb on. I don't care if it Mikuni or Keihin. I have been happy with both of them in the past. I have heard of people tapping a spot for a nipple to be applied to the carb for the oil injection system to work but have never seen it done. Just wondering if anyone on hear has ever done it to the Keihin 28mm and put it on a blaster. would hate to drill a hole in a new carb and find out I either A.) I ruined the carb or B.) Blew up my newly rebuilt motor because it wasn't getting oil. I don't want to go bigger than a 28mm either feeling I would flood it out if the carb became to big for the bike. thanks!

Depending on which header pipe you use, you may not need to use a larger carby!

Low/mid pipes work extremely well with the stock 26 mm carb.

Depending on which header pipe you use, you may not need to use a larger carby!

Low/mid pipes work extremely well with the stock 26 mm carb.
I have a fmf fatty pipe with the turbine core II silencer, v force 4 reeds and a k and n filter. Other than that she's stock. I'm trying to get as much power as I can out of it without doing the big bore kit and I know one of the ways is a bigger carb. I ride Silver Lake Sand Dunes almost every weekend in the summer. I love my Blaster but the only thing I wish it had was more power. Its just surprising to me that I cant find another carb that is oil injection ready. The only reason why I want to keep the oil injection is so I'm able to pull up to a gas station and not worry about premixing my fuel when I'm riding the trails.

Last edited:
I remember reading about someone wanting to add oil injecton to another carb awhile back, can't remember who it was, but I'm pretty sure @joeak47 chimed in on that thread, and said it could be done.

Just a thought, you can have your stock carb bored . I think it can be made 1 mm larger. Ask Ken before you ship your stuff out.

I remember reading about someone wanting to add oil injecton to another carb awhile back, can't remember who it was, but I'm pretty sure @joeak47 chimed in on that thread, and said it could be done.

Just a thought, you can have your stock carb bored . I think it can be made 1 mm larger. Ask Ken before you ship your stuff out.
At one time I had brought it up on hear because I was thinking about doing the big bore kit but its to much money to be putting into a 25 year old quad in my opinion. Like I said before I really don't want to spend $200-300 on a carb and mess it up by drilling a hole in or worse the quad doesn't get the oil and it goes boom after all the work and money that I just dumped into it. But thanks for the idea with boring out the carb! I will defiantly give Ken a call again before I ship my top end off!

The aftermarket carb can be tapped for a oil injection nipple. You could also tap the stock rubber intake boot too! The bung on the top is perfect for this. The bung is the round chunk or rubber molded into the boot on the top. Get that sucker ported and be at 30hp + with ease using the STOCK carb. You read that right the STOCK carb! Why purchase a different carb when you can spend the money on porting and use the stock carb? I can port that top end for you, but have no free time at the moment, so your next stop is KEN OCONNOR RACING! He does awesome work and has the time. 30 + HP in a blaster is FUN! You'll see.

I almost forgot... Get that stock head re-chambered too! Head re-chambering and porting go together like syrup and eggo waffles!

Where do you hail blaster8821? East lansing here. Not sure if i previously I asked before.