keihen pilot&mains jets

Demo4o1

Jan 29, 2011
Providence, RI
www.facebook.com
i guess i need 40-50 pilots and 155 main and lower. idk. i bought a 28mm PWK and im waiting for it in the mail. with my current mods i am not entirely sure of which jets to get. i heard like 45 pilot and 150 main. i also have a few stock jets im willing to trade also. i got 230-360s LMK what u have i wanna mount the pwk as soon as i get it! :D

bump! i know ppl here have extra pilots and jets laying around. hook a bruh up! need PWK all between 40-50 pilots and 145-160 mains. every1 on the BF that have a PWK HAVE to have extra jets!! come on guysssssss! i dont wanna spend 40 at jetsRus

You are welcome. If i didn't help out five other bro's a while back I may have had what you need. Now go BLASTER yourself!

got a bunch of jets in today. i threw in the 160 main and 60 pilot. doesnt wanna idle unless i toy with idle screw. also it bogs on low mid and high. so i guess i need to do down on both jets.. by two? i installed the twist throttle too bc it came with the carb only bc my thumb throttle setupwont go with the carb but so far i dont like it already bc i almost smashed into my neighbors benz. might get a new cable and slap the thumb back on. so my q is, with my mods, and my jetting.. wat am i supposed to start with? i read as much as my brain can handle but im duh duh duRrRr when it comes to directions. i know i gotta work my way down

A far as a main I don't see ya needing more than a 150, with no porting or head mod. I agree on the pilot, 40, then adjust idle, then turn airscrew till you get the highest idle, if your more than 2.5 turns out drop down one size if you are 1 turn or less out go up one size! The PWK carb jetting procedure is just a bit different from mikuni. I don't understand why you are suppose to adjust your idle to before you play with the air screw but it does work best that way. And before ya do any jetting make sure your float level is correct or you'll never get her dialed in!.

Float.. that's another thing I have still yet to understand. I read and read about. I think my float for my carb is supposed to 19mm although how in the hell am I supposed to measure it? And how would I know if its not adjusted to the right height? Runs like sh*t? o_O

Float.. that's another thing I have still yet to understand. I read and read about. I think my float for my carb is supposed to 19mm although how in the hell am I supposed to measure it? And how would I know if its not adjusted to the right height? Runs like sh*t? o_O

Bro bro bro, How to check it is sooo easy, it has been splained many times, with photos. It's easy and very important-

1) Correct Float Height

Before changing any jetting parts, check the carburetor floats for correct height. Measure the height from the bottom of the float to the Throttle Opening. carburetor-body gasket surface. Correct height can be found on the chart. When checking the float height, the float should be resting, but not depressing, the spring-loaded float valve pin. This can be done by tilting the carburetor until the float tab just makes contact with the valve pin. If adjustment is needed, bend the metal tab on the float arm until correct height is obtained.

Awk has a pic somewhere on here i just seen it yesterday...

4785-float-height.jpg
[/QUOTE]

i saw a few pics and was even on other websites. call me an idiot but im bad with directions really 0_O im more of a "visual" learner not the reading. theres book smart, and theres the other smart. im the other smart. lol anyway yes it seems easy as sh*t. i dont even have a measure to measure it with. im gonna youtube it lol

I gave ya a visual in the pic, what dont you get? If you have a ruler use the Cm side and count up to the line before the 2cm mark that is 19mm! 1cm=10mm!

I'm @ autozone right now using their digital gauge :p the guy don't know how to use it lol

You poor bastard! If you lived close to me i'd give a a quick lesson! just remember ya check the top of float at the tallest point right before it starts to depress the valve!

Yup I got the float right now. So I ran the 50 pilot and a 150 main but I gthink I might need to go smaller on the pilot. Its idling fine now well I had to trn up the idle still. The pilot is 1/4 throttle right?

35 pilot? Sheesh ure the 1st person to tell me I should go that low. The lowest I have is 40. Then 45 50 55, and 60. When I ran the 160 main it was bogging out. So I tried the 150 and it seemed fine. I went head and threw in the155 main and the 45 pilot but didn't get to test run it yet. Something came up so I had leave. But when I ran the 150 and 50 main it seems ok but a little richer then it should. So like I said I threw in the 155/45. When I get back in 30 mins I'm gonna try that. U suggested 35 I hope ure wrong that means I gotta order a sh*t load more bc knowing me I'll order more than I need to dial it in to the T