k &n

yes, i do not like k&n. sure they give u power but if u hold it up to the sun u can see through the paper.i would only use a k&n for asphalt racing. so get a foam filter

??

You can see through bullet proof glass, too. Don't mean you can get anything through it. For stock app's I will agree, though, I like the placement and ease of the foamy's. You start mod'ing it out and you will need to come up with another set up. I've seen K&N on every type of terrain I can think of and they work great. Same with the foamy.

A

yes,but i meant there are like specks all over the filter when u hold it up to the sun, i couple of my friends who race have blown their engine from dust getting in. everybody has different riding conditions and opinions so no need to argue or get a k&n outerwears cover. that will keep sh*t out

Last edited:
I run individual k&N Pods on my Banshee. Ride Dirt & Sand & have no problem with sucking in debris. Always keep them oiled properly & make sure you run Outerwears. I'm going to run the same on the Blaster and tear out the airbox.

ok but were can i get a uni because all i would be able to get locally is the twin air or is the twin air better

well, uni is a good choice, u can get them from any atv shop, if u want a cheap one get this READYFILTER.COM i use them and they work great, u can re use them or throw them away. i've cleaned and re oiled mine 10 times so far

I'd say it depends on your location and the enviroment that you're riding in. We ran the K-N with the outerwear and ruined 3 engines in 3 races. We have a lot of dust and mud here. We'd bore and new piston and after each race we found that all the cross hatches were gone from the cylinder and the compression had dropped.

After the 3rd time I took a closer look at the carb and found dirt in the recesses of all the nooks of the intake side.

We changed back to the Uni filter and problem solved. This was what we were experiencing along with others around here.

I'd say that it would all depend on the conditions. I run a K-N in my truck though.

I use a K&N/Outerwares combo on mine. Never a spec of dirt in my carb and I've had it off quite a few times.

DSCF3683.jpg

Reactions: blue massacre
i know this is off topic, but... Paulie... i really like your bike.
what kind of rear shock are you using? it looks like a front shock. and how do you like that aluminum box?

It's an 06' YFZ450 rear shock. I got the aluminum box after the stock box ran out of power. I think I was suckin the stock rubber intake tube shut or something IDK. I do too much woods riding for a pod filter so the new box worked out sweet for me.