Just when I thought I’d seen it all

OConnor Racing

Mines Bigger
Technician
Dec 1, 2009
CT
www.kenoconnorracing.com
We’ve been working with a young rider for quite a few years. He has mad skills but terrible luck and a short budget. He was practicing on Wednesday night at the local MX track getting ready for the Loretta Lynn qualifier this weekend. The 2007 YZ250 broke the pipe mount on the front of the bike. This allowed the pipe to lose the seal at the exhaust and dirt entered the engine. It didn’t take long for the engine to fail after ingesting the sand. The kid was mortified. He never asks for anything and is more than happy for any help he gets. I started to scramble looking for a cylinder and parts to get him back up by this Sunday. My buddy Mike owns the car dealership in the same building I have my shop and also helps this kid out with his racing needs. I was looking out my entryway when I see this white truck pull up with a bike in the back (not unusual). It was Mike with a 2014 YZ250 in the back. He bought a brand new bike for this kid to qualify on this weekend. I’ll never forget the look on Bens face when he got his new ride last night. Nashville here we come!

wow, last year he brought mike jr's bike out of retirement for a rider, and now this.

Wow love seeing people help others out, especially when it has to do with someone's passion. God bless Mike, sounds like a great guy.

congrats to ben brouillard for taking 2nd in both moto's and a 2nd overall, on a brand new, never even practiced on yz250.......in the 450 class !!!

ben.jpg

next round is regional qualifiers on 6-21/22, about 5 minutes down the road from me @ cernics pleasure valley raceway, or 6-28/29 @ high point raceway about an hour from me.
if ben's coming to sw pa. i'll be there !

Last edited:
Reactions: Herpderplol