Just rebuilt blaster runs like crap

May 5, 2013
Nevada
I just rebuilt my blaster and it looks and smells like its burning trans oil but i made a leak down tester and tested it and it tests just fine just to be sure I've replaced the cranks seal on the clutch side 2 times did a top and bottom end rebuild new crank bearings had crank rebuilt by ken oconnor and cylinder bored and honed with wiseco piston good compression no power and I have jetting right and it gets reallyhot

if it passed a leak test an the bike is jetted correctly theres no reason for it to heat up or wrong. if uve replaced the crank seals it shouldnt be burnin trans oil thru the seal. dos it puff out white sh*t smelling smoke when its running?

Yeah but idk how it could get in I sealed the cases with case bond and know stuff about them I've Dane a blaster bottom end before this one I've removed the tors reeds are perfect it has no power whatsoever

if your overheating, I would say your jetted wrong. your running lean. what did it do prior to you rebuilding it?

What were the results of the leak test?

Is the pipe free of oil and obstructions?

What are your mods and jetting?

Has the timing slipped?

The seal on the gearbox side I believe is a double seal, if one lip is damaged I think it would pass a leak test but still allow oil to pass as the tranny warmed up.

I don't think exhaust is leaking have a good worm gear clamp on carb
What were the results of the leak test?

Is the pipe free of oil and obstructions?

What are your mods and jetting?

Has the timing slipped?

The seal on the gearbox side I believe is a double seal, if one lip is damaged I think it would pass a leak test but still allow oil to pass as the tranny warmed up.
i have replaced tranny side seal 2 times with same results watching ken oconnnors videos no mods all stock and stock jetting pipe is pefect even switched with good running blaster and passes leak down test with flying colors

The oil could be entering the crankcase between the collar and the shaft.

Do another leak test and pay attention to see if any, and I mean any at all, bubbles issue from the tranny breather hose.