Just had a shotgun pointed at my dad and I !!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple_B

Sep 20, 2010
Sewage Drain
So my dad, my uncle brian, my brother Alex, and I go hunting after school today. Where we hunt, its behind my uncle marks house which is land the state owns. So we get setup, We get in our stands and were doing calls and rattling and what not. Not seeing anything. About an hour and a half louder, I hear "POOWW!!!!" behind me. sh*t my pants and almost fall out of my treestand. I look back and see some guy walking with a double barreled side by side shotgun with hunter orange on.... And I'm like, "Its not gun season?"
Then I thought, my uncles over there!!! So I yell over to my dad "This guys freakin shooting his shotgun on that trail".... So my dad starts walking to me (im still in my stand) and says to me, "Its not gun season" So he gets over to me and yells to the guy on the trail, "Its not gun hunting season!!!" AND THE GUY POINTS THE SHOTGUN RIGHT AT ME AND MY DAD!!!!! AND there was no mistaking us for game, 2 guys YELLING, one 6' 2" and me being 5' 6". So my dad BOOKS it over a hill behind me and Im still in my stand. My dad yells at me to get outta my stand and I FLY outta it. We yell over to my brother to sprint over here and we called my uncle to call the cops. Uncle is still in his stand and hes watching the guy walking along the trail. The hunter shoots AGAIN but doesn't go to look for what he shot at. Just keeps walking down the trail. Get back to the trucks and the cop is there. We give him the story and he goes and checks the parking lot that leads to the trail that cuts through where we hunt. Comes back with nothing. So we give him the DETAILED story and hes writing our information down on his notepad, then says, "Alright well, let us know if any other incidents happen".... In my head im like

WHAT THE f**ck DUDE! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, I later found out that the hunter shot his shotgun on the trail which is maybe 30 feet from my uncles stand TOWARD A DEER THAT MY UNCLE WAS DRAWN BACK AT!!!!

the moral is dont waste money on shooting animals from tree's ....go buy a ribeye instead ......want a sport pour doe piss on yourself and going hunting bucks in rut with a knife

That sucks brutha, He would of died that day right where he stands if it were me, Obvoiusly he had to be drunk or high!

Elvis: When you started reading that it was involved in hunting, Why did you keep reading? If your so Anti Hunting then why comment on my thread?

This was a serious thing guys, my father and/or myself could have been seriously injured or killed today.

i'm not anti hunting I am anti hunting without sport....like go dove hunting with a 22 thats sport...not up in tree stands with dialed in bows with probably deer corn spread out

Also.

When I jumped out of my treestand, my bow and back pack were still hanging up in the tree. So after the cop left, we went and got my bow and back pack and saw the guy walking on the trail in the direction he came from.

TALK ABOUT AN ADRENALINE/FEAR RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deer hunting is a damn must in our state evil. I hit one allready this year and its a daily dodge the deer game every day on my commute to work. I dont hunt anymore but those who enjoy it and especially those who enjoy the meat, more power to them.

Lets not forget all the months of sitting in the woods without any weapon, calling, watching, marking! That's the sport of it!

When someone's car hits a deer, possibly sending them, and their children off the road down an embankment, with possible serious injuries or dead babies, they'd have wished someone harvested that deer
Over 40,000 auto/deer accidents reported every year here in pa.
Wonder why our insurance rates are high ?

Come take a ride with me down I40 and see all the dead deer on the side of the interstate that hunters have flushed out and hit by cars or trucks. I can drive 2hrs and count 10 easy...then these moron rednecks cut the heads off the Bucks for there racks and there hoofs

i'm not anti hunting I am anti hunting without sport....like go dove hunting with a 22 thats sport...not up in tree stands with dialed in bows with probably deer corn spread out

Dialed in bow? In a tree stand? And thats NOT sport?

Sir, if you think that hunting with a bow in a treestand is "NOT" sport, then what about all of the people on TV that sit in heated boxes out in the middle of GIANT FOOD PLOTS that were specifically plowed for deer, using their rifles with TONS AND TONS OF HUGE DEER TO CHOSE FROM right in front of them ?

Not to mention, its highly illegal to shoot a dove with a .22
And the ratio of men that could make that type of shot is probably 1 in every 1,000,000,000,000.

Lets not forget all the months of sitting in the woods without any weapon, calling, watching, marking! That's the sport of it!

Just another reason....

They say that it takes 49 days of seeing nothing until you harvest a deer.... Pretty sure thats a well known fact for most bowhunters out there.....

Deer hunting is a damn must in our state evil. I hit one allready this year and its a daily dodge the deer game every day on my commute to work. I dont hunt anymore but those who enjoy it and especially those who enjoy the meat, more power to them.

Nah man, I can tell you when its deer season by the carnage on the roads as I travel NC all week long .....dogs and 4-wheelers flush them out to the interstate and major highways

Nah man, I can tell you when its deer season by the carnage on the roads as I travel NC all week long .....dogs and 4-wheelers flush them out to the interstate and major highways

Most of the deer hit are hit between 4-6am, its not from 4 wheelers and dogs because they aint even in the woods yet. They are in Rut now and thats whats driving them crazy and running wild on the roads. I think you can kill 5 a yr or something and thats not enough. There freakin everywhere.

Im going to go ahead and stop you there.

Dogs and hunters do NOT flush deer out into the interstates.

If you knew about "THE RUT" you would know why there are suddenly a lot of dead deer on the side of the roads. During the RUT, its a time where the does are in heat and the bucks are fighting anything just to have sex. They are completely focused on one thing (getting some sex) and dont pay attention to the threat of people and cars. Ask any hunter out there and they'll tell ya that "Your gunna see alot more deer on the side of the roads once it comes Rut time!"

Dogs flushing them.... pshhhhhhht

Im going to go ahead and stop you there.

Dogs and hunters do NOT flush deer out into the interstates.

If you knew about "THE RUT" you would know why there are suddenly a lot of dead deer on the side of the roads. During the RUT, its a time where the does are in heat and the bucks are fighting anything just to have sex. They are completely focused on one thing (getting some sex) and dont pay attention to the threat of people and cars. Ask any hunter out there and they'll tell ya that "Your gunna see alot more deer on the side of the roads once it comes Rut time!"

Dogs flushing them.... pshhhhhhht

Cool put some doe pheromones on ur body and kill a buck with ur bare hands and record it

I dont really know why you had to go comment on my thread which was about a life threatening event I experienced today about your thoughts about hunting.

Thanks for ruining my thread.....

If you dont think its sport, than lets see you shoot a dove with that .22

Status
Not open for further replies.