just for kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.
kennedy said no, and anyone that knows anything will tell you no, but you know what do what you want, glue a razorblade to the intake I don't care, oh and then sand it to a mirror finish it will look real good

kennedy said no, and anyone that knows anything will tell you no, but you know what do what you want, glue a razorblade to the intake I don't care, oh and then sand it to a mirror finish it will look real good

well being that u are a kennedy salesman can u tell me what the best type of glue to use for the razorblade is

Yamaha has put a divider in the intake that splits the intake, it is blunt and has a radius, so people like to cut it so it is a sharp leading edge, and its been proven over and over that that is not a performance mod., now if you could cut the top off the intake and put a clear window there and watch the charge come in you would see a knife edge actually pushing the charge away from the inside edge of the intake, like a log splitter as the wood splits on the sharp edge it forces the wood into a large V and that is what it would look like, now with a blunt radiused divider the wood would hug the inside of the divider allowing the whole piece of wood to not spread far apart hitting the sides of the intake. if you took a sharp edge V what ever comes in contact with the knife edge will force the inside pressure outward and thats bad, look at an airplane wing if the leading edge was sharp there would be no air on the back side or underside of the wing, you couldn't fly it now with the radius it hugs the top and bottom making the wing very effective.

consider your divider an inverted airplane wing, more air flows over the radiused wing (hugging both sides) than a knife edged wing. That was long, oh I have never personally had Mr. Kennedy do anything for me but he seems to be putting his money into his equipment, Dyno which is a huge cost to him, you don't do stuff like that for sh*ts and grins.

Last edited:
well being that u are a kennedy salesman can u tell me what the best type of glue to use for the razorblade is
devcon works wonders....hahahahaha stronger than gorilla glue for sure...

the intake box, like paulie b said is something nice to look at. its something that shows drastic change. unless you measure everything out b4 you send it out, then measure it after you get it back, or take pics of teh transfers, its not going to seem a whole lot different. which in turn makes teh customer feel screwed over. so in fact if someone that snakey wanted to just cut the intake box, they could probly get away with it.....but who would? now the knife edge thing, im not sure about..but what gonzo said makes sense. most people think that the knife edge is better by making the charge split faster, well...that is something you can only find out by using a dyno. kennedy has that tool. he can try all kinds of different things....i know for a fact he does. in most cases he has the charts to prove it. and also in some cases, he calls me to tell me about it......so.....hope that helps....

flotek knife edges his port jobs in the intake box.....i've personally seen them. just to make a point there too...kennedy isnt the only one who may or may not do that...

Well with absolutely no offense to the builders on here or any one else. I can't port polish so I'm not going to try to act like know what Im talking about. But nice looking ports whether it does any thing or not, shows me that the builder had some pride in what they had done. Hands down if I where having work done the guy who had nice finished out work would get my business.

and that is why its done, it would be like 2 cars drag racing 1 in primer 1 custom painted, everyone looks at the custom one, then he goes out and gets his lunch handed to him by the primer car, everyone is like I still like the custom one, for me no-one sees the cylinder after its on so if I can hand you your lunch thats what I'll do, and all these smart guys before us get their lunch handed to them I'm sure alot of weekends

i'm not even gonna comment on this thread... i was going to but then thought.. WHY f*ckING BOTHER.... the integrity of this thread went from a decent topic to completly f*cking stupid..

Reactions: super noober
I'll add my .02 ($CDN of course). I've done a fair bit of technical reading about automotive head porting. I'll say that the reality of air-flow is NOT necessarily intuitive. What looks like it would flow well, is not necessarily what DOES flow well. When I choose my porter in a few weeks, I will tell them that I don't care what it looks like when they are done, as long as it works. I'm sure they know the difference! B)

i'm not even gonna comment on this thread... i was going to but then thought.. WHY f*ckING BOTHER.... the integrity of this thread went from a decent topic to completly f*cking stupid..
i like how air flow was compared to log splitting, cuz air moves like a log?.....hahahaha

I know its hard to try and get people like yourself to understand a definitive process so I tried to use something the average nut could understand, obviously it didn't work.

Reactions: Paulie B
I know its hard to try and get people like yourself to understand a definitive process so I tried to use something the average nut could understand, obviously it didn't work.
what exactly is tha supposed to mean "people like yourself"? are you hinting that rockstar doesn't know what he's talking about? or that he is some uneducated child? i can assure you that is not the case..

any bridge there is an obstruction of flow.. no matter what the shape of the leading edge of said obstruction it is still just that an obstruction.. honestly this is splitting hairs.. i would liek to see any difference in power when comparing a knife edged bridge to a wide radiused brdige.. truth is.. you won't see a significant enough change for it to even matter either way..

and another thing.. i'd say most people who asemble thier own engiens don;t take teh time to assemble them properly in the first place.. they don;t watch base gakset thickness, squish clearance, ring gap, or even check for air leaks for christs sake.. so even if there is a 1hp difference are any of these people really gonna notice it? thats why this topic is so f*cking rediculous.. your pissing into the wind.. it's a completely stupid argument.. why i even said anything i have no idea..

Status
Not open for further replies.