just bought a blaster, what you think its worth?

mayor west

Nov 21, 2010
just bought another blaster from ebay, its a non runner but has some good parts. sorry no pics atm. this is the listing:

Yamaha Blaster

Bike was running and then has been left stood for a year not even tried to get running, bike in fairly good condition plastics have the usual marks etc, has leager a arms, leager swing arm and extended axle, works front shocks long travel and pep rear shock, nerf bars etc etc was a very good quad when we were using it and sure it still is

fairly scetchy to say the least

not sure on the year but from the pics ive noticed it has a blingstar nudge bar, beadlock rims all round, hydro rear brake, possible hydro front brakes, maier(spelling) plastics, hand guards. not sure what else but im guessing/hoping there will be other things if the seller hasnt mentioned any of theseI:I

another bonus is that its around 45 mins drive from my house

what you guys think its worth from the quick description, im in the uk if that makes any difference

i know without pics its going to be difficult and its strange the guy said he hasnt tried to start it but at the worst it needs a complete engine(which is very unlikely) but i cant see that being a problem as my mate has an aladins cave of bike parts and several dt175 engines, i also have another blaster that i can swap parts from to see what it needs to fire up. the trick parts alone were worth the purchase in my opinion

just spoke to the guy on the phone, i didnt ask too much and seem too keen but he says he thinks its a 2005, his daughter did 1 race season on it then never use it again, hes movong work unit so its up for sale, im hoping this is all true and its not completely shagged, i'll find out tomorow either way, will get pics up asap

well first things first,
DeepThroats.jpg

hi mayor west, lol

sounds like u r getting a good eal on that blasty if u bought it

Last edited:
by the sounds of all the aftermarket parts on it if you paid less then 1000.00 i'd say it was a steal!! you could part it out on here and make your money back imo.