jumps

chevymuddman

Jan 22, 2010
acme pa
now i kno i could just go online and look it up but i figured with all you blastoids out there you might have some better tips on how to build one. i got alil hill ima buildinto i just need help on shaping it and getting the landing shaped right to where it is all nice and smooth from start to finish.

166d46e.jpg

^^^lol (smartass) lol.....it all depends if ya want to get air or distance or air and distance, a ski slope type jump is gonna shoot ya straight up and give ya a hard landing..where a more straight ramp will give ya more distance and if ya want air and distance close ur eyes and hit WOT throttle then hit it .....and get it on vid lol

I used to ride some bmx, We had some pretty gnarly jumps and I will throw some tips for ya.
1. Filler is your friend. Old tires make great filler along with logs
2. Start with tabletops and then build big doubles once your comfortable
3. On the tabletops start with really mellow jumps and sculpt the lip (top) of the jump steeper as you get more comfortable.
4. dig your pit as close to the jump as possible so you dont have to break your back dragging dirt everywhere. for doubles dig your pit in between the jump and the landing
Have fun.. I wish I was there to help ya and ride the finished product

Last edited:
i didn't have enough dirt for tabletops so i went out and made a small double, i got confident on it and started making it bigger and faster, now i have like a 15 foot gap and get about 10 feet in the air, also, if you havn't ever jumped before, it would be beast to start with tabletops, and get your landing skill down

ive only jumped once or twice but i figured id get alil more comfortable with it if i were around one by my house. ill get a pic up tomarrow of wat im thinkin then maybe i can get a better idea of wat i need. im lookin for alittle of both height and distance. im def gonna get a vid up after its built and you guys can kinda see the small track i made. probably sunday ill start building cuz tomarrow i gotta go pick up a 200 baiyou for 300 bucks. anywayz thanks for the help thus far.

220 bayous are fun, we have a pretty modded one with 23's in the back, cobra exhaust, jetted chrome front rims, orange rear rims, kenda klaw fronts, spider grips, k& n filter, and more to come, its fun, sorry bout thread jackin

I didnt even think about this before but if your building the jump on a hill you could just sculpt a lip on the hill with a flatshovel and try to jump the hill

alright built the jump. its nice but i gotta get the take off alil smoother but ill be flyin high.lol i got the model wrong on that bayou though its a 300 . i just need a throttle cable and screw for valve spirings. thread jack away.

alright built the jump. its nice but i gotta get the take off alil smoother but ill be flyin high.lol i got the model wrong on that bayou though its a 300 . i just need a throttle cable and screw for valve spirings. thread jack away.

them 300's are tanks, get some good tires and it'll go anywhere! also, the takeoff is vital, i have one that is crooked and i always take off sideways, lol

ya got alil work to do to the jump but i had my buddy on my blaster jumpin it and it seemed nice all except for the lil dip i gotta fill in before you hit the jump.

them 300's are tanks, get some good tires and it'll go anywhere! also, the takeoff is vital, i have one that is crooked and i always take off sideways, lol

exactly..ive been jumping my kx125 on a dirt ramp i made,but then i put down a few wooden plankes and i think it launches me much more.you might want to find some boardes.it feels like i get more of a lift.but it is wayy more sketchey.