Jetting

snakedoctor99

Apr 3, 2009
Peebles, Oh
I have my cylinder bored .50 over and a k&n air filter and was wondering how my carb should be jetted. Its a stock carb with open airbox and the exhaust is stock. Thanks

would he need to change anything with stock exhaust! what does removing the air box lid do?

the pilot jet is the jet that controls the fuel flow for idle to 1/3 throttle the needle jet is the needle that goes into the main jet to regulate the flow for the midrange an the main is for wot an the air box lid off gives it more air flow

How is it running?, once again, you cannot suggest jet sizes to someonme with no information on how it is running. So stop that. There are too many variables to do that.

How is it running?, once again, you cannot suggest jet sizes to someonme with no information on how it is running. So stop that. There are too many variables to do that.

x2 I'm sick of seeing people just tell what size jets without any info on the altitude, how it is running. Not only does it give bad info to the perosn asking but to others looking for same answer.

Now to the question. Before you change main jet or anything check how the spark plug is looking. If its gray/white you are lean if its brown/tan you are good if its wet and black you are rich. Before you change main jet if you are running lean change the clip in needle(the closer the clip is to the pointed end the richer the mix will get) If you are on the last clip and still lean put it back to middle and bump up the main jet by 1 then go from there.

Jetting is a process that takes time. Its trial and error. Good Luck