Jetting Question

XxWRAITHxX

May 5, 2015
Star City, IN
Hey guys bought 98 blaster a while back it has a fmf gold series header with a power core silencer and i just put a CFM PERFORMANCE aluminum airbox on it. I was told it was jetted for the exhaust but it still had a stck 230 main so i bought a fmf jet kit that was useless, most of the jets were smaller than stock except for a 350 and 360. I put the 350 in and rode it for bout a half hour on a new b8es plug and when i checked the plug assuming it would be black it was actually clean the ground strap had a white spot on it and the insulator was still pretty white and the ring at the bottom of the threads looked like new??? Can someone tell me wats going on i dont know much about jetting......the bike seemed to run good on pavement but in grass or dirt in the last couple gears it gets sluggish and wont pull through. Thanx

Ok thanx man i also forgot to add i blocked off the oil pump. I been running 32:1 premix, 93 octane with Amsoil Interceptor would you still recomend those jets with that setup?

Yep^^^, a real 350 in there and it probably wouldn't run past 3/4 throttle, also elevation and temps and premix or injection can also be a factor

Ok thanx man i also forgot to add i blocked off the oil pump. I been running 32:1 premix, 93 octane with Amsoil Interceptor would you still recomend those jets with that setup?

amsoil interceptor recommends way thinner mix than 32:1 for that oil, (isn't that the 50:1 or 100:1 stuff ? )
I had zero luck running their Dominator at 32:1, bike ran like poo.
I don't recommend running 50:1, 32:1 is what 99.9% of us run and our jetting info is based on, so maybe switch to a good oil at that ratio, like Maxima Super M - mix breed. (they make injection also, be sure to get the correct one)

carb injection nipple is blocked off ?

I've been running interceptor at 32:1, of course I've only gone through about 3 tanks with it but so far so good

Wow did not know that would make much of a difference lol so where can i find that brand of oil and yes the kit i bought came with a little rubber cap for it.

Hey guys bought 98 blaster a while back it has a fmf gold series header with a power core silencer and i just put a CFM PERFORMANCE aluminum airbox on it. I was told it was jetted for the exhaust but it still had a stck 230 main so i bought a fmf jet kit that was useless, most of the jets were smaller than stock except for a 350 and 360. I put the 350 in and rode it for bout a half hour on a new b8es plug and when i checked the plug assuming it would be black it was actually clean the ground strap had a white spot on it and the insulator was still pretty white and the ring at the bottom of the threads looked like new??? Can someone tell me wats going on i dont know much about jetting......the bike seemed to run good on pavement but in grass or dirt in the last couple gears it gets sluggish and wont pull through. Thanx

last couple gears?
it wont pull as hard in 5th 6th as 2nd 3rd lol if thats what you meant:)
that amsoil must be super concentrated.

not sure of your problem from pavement to dirt but
dont shift if it is bogging:)
kinda like going up a steep hill,then up shifting as you lose momentum lol:D
perhaps your quad is indeed not tuned properly?
carb is a big contender.