Jetting help!

Blaster528

Aug 12, 2015
Rut Vegas, Vermont
I recently got a 2006 all stock blaster with a newly replaced top end. The way I got it was stock jets and an open air box. Now im going to be riding in dirty and wet conditions so should I get an airbox cover for it? If so which one. Also I got a pro circuit platinum pipe, dg silencer, and k & n filter that I want to put on it. What size jet should I put on and if so what else should I do to increase performance. Im new to this stuff so sorry if im leaving anything out. Any help will be appreciated. thx

If your riding in dirty and muddy conditions, I'd suggest a unifilter with the open air box. I ride in similar crap, and have had good results with uni's.

The jetting issue...... I'm not sure what size main pro circuit calls for, but with your mods, it wil be a bit higher than what they recommend.

Temps, elevation, and any change to airflow in and out of a motor will effect jetting.

Look in the carb section here, there are some really good posts that will help you understand it alot better.

IIRC, they have a lid made with. Outerware material, or you can by just the material and fab your own.

Try a Google search, " pro circut + jetting + Blaster Forum "

I'll ventue a guess and say 270/280 range, confirmed with plug chop.

Check the " What jets are you running thread.

Also. check " timing plate mod"

BTW,
WELCOME

If your riding in dirty and muddy conditions, I'd suggest a unifilter with the open air box. I ride in similar crap, and have had good results with uni's.

The jetting issue...... I'm not sure what size main pro circuit calls for, but with your mods, it wil be a bit higher than what they recommend.

Temps, elevation, and any change to airflow in and out of a motor will effect jetting.

Look in the carb section here, there are some really good posts that will help you understand it alot better.
Which filter? Can you show a picture of what you use. And if I were to do that setup with a stock exhaust would I have to do any modifications to the carb? Thanks again, all of you :)

I no longer run a stock airbox, but when I did, I just used the replacement unifilter that was listed for a blaster.

Opening up the airbox lid, and using a foam filter will definitely increase airflow to the motor, so your jetting should change as well

I no longer run a stock airbox, but when I did, I just used the replacement unifilter that was listed for a blaster.

Opening up the airbox lid, and using a foam filter will definitely increase airflow to the motor, so your jetting should change as well
Now I'm thinking of getting a lid because I don't have one already. Which one should I get with that UNI filter. Sorry if this is some obvious stuff just want to be safe