jetting help?

Druhh

Mar 23, 2015
Hi, I know this questions been asked numerous times but I cant find anyone on here with the same setup as I do. I recently bought a cfm airbox, DMC alien pipe and silencer, uni foam filter, v-force 4 reeds, and a keihin PJ34mm carb. what jetting should I use or what's a good place to start? I looked and the carb came with a 158 main By the way.

Do you have porting or head mod, if not a stock carb will probably work better with those mods. I know squat about jetting that 34 tho

Do you have porting or head mod, if not a stock carb will probably work better with those mods.

that /\
that low end DMC will hold back the benefits of the 34mm

but.....

I run a 34mm, but with porting, head mod and different right bend pipe.

although I'm not familiar with the DMC, this should put you in the ballpark.....
#6 slide (a must, check the # on yours)
DGH needle (another must) DGH for 1000'+, CEL for under 1000' elevation
45/48 pilot
148-155 mains

of course you'll need to use the procedures stickied in the carb section to get each circut correct,
start at the bottom...float height, pilot/aircscrew, needle, then plug chops to determine main jetting.
start rich and work down for each seperate circut.

that /\
that low end DMC will hold back the benefits of the 34mm

but.....

I run a 34mm, but with porting, head mod and different right bend pipe.

although I'm not familiar with the DMC, this should put you in the ballpark.....
#6 slide (a must, check the # on yours)
DGH needle (another must) DGH for 1000'+, CEL for under 1000' elevation
45/48 pilot
148-155 mains

of course you'll need to use the procedures stickied in the carb section to get each circut correct,
start at the bottom...float height, pilot/aircscrew, needle, then plug chops to determine main jetting.
start rich and work down for each seperate circut.
as of right now the motor itself is completly stock but I will be getting it ported and polished soon, what does CEL and DGH mean? And why would it hold back the benefits?

as of right now the motor itself is completly stock but I will be getting it ported and polished soon, what does CEL and DGH mean? And why would it hold back the benefits?

DGH and CEL are # designations for different length and taper needles.
90% of the time the 34's come with too rich of needles for the 200cc blasters

the 34mm promotes more top end, the DMC is a low end pipe that falls out of power before the 34mm shines.

even with porting, I'd stick with the stock carb for the DMC, it just doesn't have the top end pull to require more fuel/air that the 34mm provides.

Larger carbs shine with right bend pipes, which are more for top end. With a low end pipe they almost work against each other

Larger carbs shine with right bend pipes, which are more for top end. With a low end pipe they almost work against each other

LOL, we both used "shine" to describe the larger carb

DGH and CEL are # designations for different length and taper needles.
90% of the time the 34's come with too rich of needles for the 200cc blasters

the 34mm promotes more top end, the DMC is a low end pipe that falls out of power before the 34mm shines.

even with porting, I'd stick with the stock carb for the DMC, it just doesn't have the top end pull to require more fuel/air that the 34mm provides.
Aw poop so I just bought the carb for no reason

To get any benefit from the DMC, the stock 26mm carb is your best bet.

DMC recommends the stock needle to have the clip on the bottom slot as it is thirsty down the low end.

The DMC will fall on its face well before the 34mm carb comes to its peak.

DMC recommends the stock needle to have the clip on the bottom slot as it is thirsty down the low end.

Okay thank you

So with the stock carb, cfm airbox with uni filter, DMC pipe, and v force 4 reeds, what jetting should I start with?

If you pre mix at 32:1, #300 - #320 main jet, #32.5 pilot jet! needle on bottom slot.

Plug chop at WOT and 1/2 throttle to confirm jetting.

You may find that you can move the needle clip up one.

Elevation and temperature will affect the jetting requirements.