jetting help where to start?

Feb 19, 2012
springville ny
ok so got my carb in the mail this is the last thing for a while so gotta jet it.
i have a shaved head .003, bored .5mm, vf3 reeds with spacer, k&n filter, modded airbox and a 28mm pwk im thinking like 120ish mian and 40 pilot to start? and what mix and type of fuel would you guys recommend?

Hey, WNY brotha...I live a little South of Arcade. Anyhow, like the guys will say, start rich and plug chop, that's the only way to know for sure. As for fuel, 92 Octane or higher for 2 Strokers with a 32:1 mixture.

so after some looking maybe start 150 and 50?

I'm running a Mikuni 28mm, with tons of issues finding parts. I've been told to pick a stock pilot, and go high on the main jet. Stock jet for mine, on a 26mm, I guess is a 235, and they are telling me to run #290...just to be on the safe side. Bigger carb, requires bigger jets and pilots, but they said to stay true as possible to the stock pilot. :-/ I'm learning.

Get a handful of jets #250 to #300, start big #280 or #290 and plug chop to confirm.

Stick with the stock pilot.

Get a handful of jets #250 to #300, start big #280 or #290 and plug chop to confirm.

He's running a Keihin carb, according to PSEP.biz they don't have main jets that large...230 for common and 175 for round.

If you want to run on the rich side to start, maybe somewhere around 180-200. Grab some mains between 150-200, maybe even down a step. They are only $3.30 a piece and I know PMS has them, with maybe a markup. Also, isn't there a dealer right there on the main drag now? Maybe see what they say, grab a couple on each side, high and low, of their suggestion. And as always, plug chop!

I was answering this post, not the 28mm PWK

I'm running a Mikuni 28mm, with tons of issues finding parts. I've been told to pick a stock pilot, and go high on the main jet. Stock jet for mine, on a 26mm, I guess is a 235, and they are telling me to run #290...just to be on the safe side. Bigger carb, requires bigger jets and pilots, but they said to stay true as possible to the stock pilot. :-/ I'm learning.

If you're talking about the pwk? I'm doing the same swap. Starting off at 160 main and a 52 pilot. Needle in the middle. It's probably way to rich but I'd rather be safe then sorry. I'll give you more info after I install today and let you know how it goes.

LMAO...YES, very confusing. Blaaster responded to me telling me what to do on my Mikuni, after I responded to Scott about a general reference of jet sizes and trying him to make sure he starts rich. Oy vay. I:I

i see. lunis' elevation is 4400 ft, scotts' is 1350ft, mine is around 320ft. now, how much of a difference is that going to make???:-/

That will probably depend on engine mods, exhaust, air box lid on or off. He has some mods, shaved head, baggy pants, tattoos...wait, where was I...oh, shaved head, modded air box, over bored and special reeds. If you're running stock, or a few different mods, be tough to compare.

I still want to know where elevation is 320ft? That is crazy. I thought VT was mountains...do you guys build an ARC when the weather man says it's going to rain??

That will probably depend on engine mods, exhaust, air box lid on or off. He has some mods, shaved head, baggy pants, tattoos...wait, where was I...oh, shaved head, modded air box, over bored and special reeds. If you're running stock, or a few different mods, be tough to compare.

I still want to know where elevation is 320ft? That is crazy. I thought VT was mountains...do you guys build an ARC when the weather man says it's going to rain??

lol, it is the green mountain state. im in milton close to lake champlain so my elevation is different from Stowe. mt mansfield it just about 4400 ft. and thats 20 min away

lol, it is the green mountain state. im in milton close to lake champlain so my elevation is different from Stowe. mt mansfield it just about 4400 ft. and thats 20 min away

:eek: So, to get to and from work, you need to be a professional rock climber? 8-| :D Unless of course, you work at your house doing Blaster repairs. B)