Jetting chart

Well I probably could have cheated, done some research, and acted like I know what it is. I don't know what it is and I am not a know it all. I learn more every time I wrench and read. This is not a competition.

Judging from the poor quality picture I assume a POS cell phone was used.

Looks like a round piece of aluminum to me. Is it a muffler bearing puller?

Last edited:
Well I probably could have cheated, done some research, and acted like I know what it is. I don't know what it is and I am not a know it all. I learn more every time I wrench and read. This is not a competition.

At least youre honest. Its a ring lapping tool...when installing new piston rings it lets you hand fit the rings to piston groove and eliminate factory high spots on the rings. Proper ring seat helps stop blow-by, carbon blow -by and ring seizing. I thought it was a hockey puck when I saw it at the HRC Honda tech school.

Ok here is youre chance, whats this 2 stroke tool used for ?

View attachment 9608
It is a special tool that helps determine how good the focus of the camera is when taking close ups!

After you file and debur your piston rings you still aren’t finished with today’s metric size and narrow width pis- ton rings. Lapping the rings on both sides gives them a much better fit in the pistons. This lapping removes all high spots and any ring coating buildup. All you need is 400 to 600 grit wet and dry sand paper and a flat plate of granite or steel, or a piece of thick glass.

I do not mind if you now call me a " know it all", I have been called it so many times it's like water running off a ducks back.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: motoman159
It is a special tool that helps determine how good the focus of the camera is when taking close ups!

After you file and debur your piston rings you still aren’t finished with today’s metric size and narrow width pis- ton rings. Lapping the rings on both sides gives them a much better fit in the pistons. This lapping removes all high spots and any ring coating buildup. All you need is 400 to 600 grit wet and dry sand paper and a flat plate of granite or steel, or a piece of thick glass.

I do not mind if you now call me a " know it all", I have been called it so many times it's like water running off a ducks back.:D
You may know it all but you will never tell it all. :D
There are many people here that admire Factory built bikes and ATVs from the outside. What they do not know is what special tools and knowledge that is done on the inside.

Ha , But you have other issues at the moment. Was that cylinder a total loss?
Yeah pretty much. I got another that's smaller and I can get it ported and bored to the piston and head that I already have. The piston is still perfect. And it's a wiseco so I can replace the rings too.