Jet size for pro circuit silencer w/ stock pipe

Cisco93lude

May 14, 2008
I know this has been covered 1000000000x about jet size throughout this and other forums I just cant seem to find the correct info I need.

-04 blaster fresh rebuild (still on bench)
-pro circuit silencer
-dual pedal reeds (not sure if its boysen carbon or vitos)
-trail ported cyl bored .060 over w namura piston
-air box lid on with foam profilter

Nothing crazy just want to make sure I build this bike right so it doesnt blow up in a month. :D:D

any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Is the lid on the airbox? A ported cylinder with a stock pipe is not going to net very good power. I would look into getting a used pipe.

I will once I get the bike running and broken in. I just did a full rebuild top and bottom do my pockets hurting right now. I just want to get on it and ride for a little bit. Then get a pipe and maybe change up the intake.

get yourself some main jets.... 270, 260, 250
start large and work down, doing plug chops with each until perfect/slightly rich

main jetting increases =
fresh rebuild = 0
reeds = 0
silencer = 0
ported cylinder = maybe 1 to 2 sizes
aftermarket air filter 1-2 sizes
switching from injection to premix = 1-2 sizes

all in all, your slight mods aren't going to require much if any of a change.
the biggest changes that require main jetting increases are signifigant changes to the flow into or out of the engine....airbox lid off, pod filter directly on carb, cfm airbox ect.
a better flowing aftermarket pipe requires the biggest increase.

you may still need to adjust the airscrew for high idle, but the stock 32.5 pilot and needle on the middle clip will be just fine.

airscrew adjustment...
http://www.blasterforum.com/carburetor-138/adjusting-your-airscrew-pilot-jet-51060/

and of course, AWLAYS plug chop to confirm main jetting when making ANY changes.......
http://www.blasterforum.com/carburetor-138/how-plug-chop-53237/

Thanks awk! Big help as always! I'm getting the engine put together now. Should be back from the machine shop early next week.

I made one a little while ago w some parts from tractor supply for another friends blaster. Found out he had bad bottom end seals. Ill have to do it after I install the top end. Is it better to install the engine fully assembled? Or easier to install bottom end, then top end inside the bike?

I made one a little while ago w some parts from tractor supply for another friends blaster. Found out he had bad bottom end seals. Ill have to do it after I install the top end. Is it better to install the engine fully assembled? Or easier to install bottom end, then top end inside the bike?

do the crank seals now while the engine is out, if you run it like that you will risk your engine's life

No no no...the crank seals were on a friends bike like I said. We sold that a while back bc we didn't want to deal with the bottom end. Plus it was a beat 88 w a rough frame and needed tires, and complete bearings and a arm bushings. He bought it for 400$ what do u expect I guess haha

Usually best to install assembled, less chance of damage or dirt entering the crankcase.

Usually best to install assembled, less chance of damage or dirt entering the crankcase.

i'll second that, there is no advantage of assembling it after installing the bottom end.
and easier to assemble completely on the bench